Gas Performance Manager
|Job Title:||Gas Performance Manager|
|Salary:||£47000 - £54000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Willey|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2019 17:23|
Location - Cornwall/South West (Re-location package considered for an exceptional candidate)
Salary - £47,000 - £54,000
Interview Date - TBC
Start Date - ASAP
Are you an experienced Authorising Engineer?
Do you believe this is the next step in your career?
About the company -
Working throughout Wales and South West England, this company provides services to £2.5m homes and businesses across the region. They employ over 1,300 staff who maintain and maintain a network of over 35,000km of pipes supplying a safe and reliable gas supply.
About the role -
This position is a diverse role and challenging role associated with direct labour and contractor teams engaged in operational activities within the Build and Repair division. This role involves providing the necessary direction, technical support and motivational to teams to deliver performance improvements, maximising efficiency and cost effectiveness of activities associated within the Build & Repair function.
Key Accountabilities of the Performance Manager -
- The Performance Manager will be responsible for ensuring a safe working culture that complies with all legislative requirements, operating in a professional incident management environment, whilst actively promoting customer service excellence aligned with our company values.
- Manage a performance orientated unit to deliver sustainable improvements in outputs of the workforce.
- Prepare and authorise all permitry requirements including complex non-routine and routine operations affecting the network.
- Successfully lead and motivate a team of First Line Managers to out-perform business expectations.
- Develop high performing managers and teams, recognising great performance and where necessary managing performance improvement in line with the companies policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports and provide support and guidance to highlight current performance and achieve expected performance.
- Prepare forward looking plans to ensure that current objectives are achieved and future expectations are considered.
- Undertake design and estimating, and prepare financial applications for Capex, Opex or Repex spend as required.
- Manage network incidents and provide reports as required. Prepare appropriate replies to high-level complaints and reports to external organisations in line with our standards of service.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative assessments/inspections on work carried out on the network to ensure that appropriate standards are maintained or improved in terms of quality and value for money.
- Undertake technical audits and reviews as required to ensure a compliant workforce.
- Participate in the process of agreeing performance objectives, reviewing performance, identifying development and improvement plans and monitoring staff progress against targets to the timescales set by the company.
- SCO Authorising Engineer. (Essential)
- Demonstrable supervisory/management experience including effective performance management.
- Preferably incorporated Engineer status or equivalent.
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation, policy and procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant codes of practice, engineering instructions, safety and statutory regulations.
- Relevant technical experience within one of the main work areas.
- Proven effective communication skills at all levels.
- Participation in the relevant standby rota as required.
Benefits of the successful Performance Manager -
- Performance bonus of up to 25%. (Subject to performance)
- Private health insurance and generous sickness scheme
- Company Car.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Competitive defined contribution pension scheme.
- Career progression and comprehensive training opportunities.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's