- Job Reference: 00045923-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Yeovil, Somerset
- Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Carry out installation of gas appliances and central heating systems to client’s properties; conduct themselves professionally and responsibly at all times on behalf of our client. Also carries out all works in line with Gas Safety Installation and use Regulations, Gas Safe requirements, company procedures and stipulations.
* Maintains installation time frame and quality standards of the company by installing efficiently and safely with a high-quality finish.
* To deliver a high-quality service to the client and their customers, having respect for all individuals and meeting the challenges presented.
* Carries out all works strictly in line with company procedures and all standards within the industry: - Gas Safe, Gas Regulations, code of practice and best practice.
* Repairs and minor works as and when required for installation call backs or remedial works.
To liaise with residents and our cients clients as and when required about the works being undertaken.
* To ensure all PPE is present and correct at all times including Covid-19 specific measures.
* Ensure all equipment is calibrated and in good working order.
* To be responsible for all equipment owned by our client and ensures the maintenance and upkeep of such equipment.
* To ensure all appointments are kept and all of our clients tenants/clients are kept informed.
* To carry out duties as required by any senior manager or member of staff representing such manager.
* To stay up to date with all gas safety legislation and codes of practice involving your given discipline.
* Carry out all reporting of variations to any works and updating administration department of changes to requirements on site.
* Responsible for engaging and attending all staff briefings and company functions.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Liaison with all other engineers and staff to ensure targets are reached, organizing electrical works and building works on any given installation.
* Production of a safety certificate or job sheet for all works, any other reports or records required for the works.
* Submitting a valid and accurate time sheet, delivery notes, expenses and any other documentation weekly.
* Participate in Company Callout rota.
* General competence in the given trade, CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, CPA1.
* C&G Energy efficiency.
* NVQ 2 or equivalent.
* Unvented hot water systems would be advantageous.
* Good fault-finding skills.
* Punctuality, professionalism, flexibility and working knowledge of Mobile PDA.
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
* Experience of working within the Social Housing sector on gas installation projects and maintenance contracts.
* Experience of working with residents and clients directly.
* A clean UK driving license and DBS check will be required.
* Working within the renewables industry
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants no matter what their ethnicity, gender, sexuality, beliefs or nationality