- Job Reference: 00029449-1
- Date Posted: 30 December 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Barnstaple, Devon
- Salary: £19,554 to £21,800
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Pluss CIC is a Community Interest Company that supports thousands of people each year to achieve a career and fulfil their true potential. Our employment operations help jobseekers who need the most specialist support to find work. Our enterprise operations run alongside to create direct employment opportunities in a wide range of job roles. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to support our customers to identify employment opportunities and support them into employment.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a furniture Sprayer/Finisher. You will predominately be spraying the wooden components used in high end bed manufacture.
We are looking for someone who is competent and takes great pride in their work. You must have an eye for detail, have excellent communications skills, be able to work efficently in a busy environment as part of a team or on your own. Ideally you must have experience and knowledge of working in the furniture finishing industry. You must also have experience in operating and setting wood working machinery and / or relevant woodworking skills. You will have a high level of initiative and motivation with the ability to seek out solutions to problems. You will also support the manufacturing of financially viable products across the production facility by using skills and knowledge to produce products in the most cost-effective manner.
* Champion health and safety of the site, ensuring equipment and machinery meet the applicable minimum health and safety standards and that all appropriate authorised users meet the required level of training.
* Organise workloads, including scheduling, prioritising of workload to meet contractual obligations and customer requirements and provide information to ensure costs are claimed and recovered.
* Under the guidance of the site management, use technical knowledge to assist with the assessment of employees training needs to ensure a multiskilled workforce is maintained.
* Work within defined customer quality requirements.
Skills and Experience
* In depth knowledge of spraying and meeting customer expectations across a range of finishes / materials
* Qualifications and or experience in all aspects of finishing
* Experience of relevant Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
* IT Literate
* Experience of working with people with multiple and complex needs, including health conditions and disabilities
* First Aider or willing to train as such.
Salary:£19,554 - £21,800 p.a (dependent on experience)
Hours: 37 hrs per week - 8.00 – 16.15 Monday to Thursday
8.00 – 14.30 Friday
Closing Date: 19 January 2021
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Benefits: 23 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme.
Pluss CIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”.
Pluss CIC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity