Functional Skills Tutor
- Job Reference: 00091199-1
- Date Posted: 11 November 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: London
- Salary: £27,000 to £28,000
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Contract
Functional Skills Maths Tutor
South West London
FTC 6 months
£27,000 - £28,000 annual salary
Our client an award-winning provider of education, travel, work experience, accommodation, and employment services, is looking for an experienced and suitably qualified Functional skills tutor who specialises in Maths to join their teaching team. You will teach within their Functional Skills provision and have the experience to teach across all levels from Entry 1 to level 2.
This role would suit someone with an understanding of adult learners and the ability to deliver innovative learning opportunities to meet their needs. Applications from experienced and newly qualified teacher status are welcome, who can demonstrate their enthusiasm and have a desire to work with learners.
* Prepare lessons efficiently to conduct them competently
* Create material to enable interactive and engaging delivery.
* Create schemes of work and lesson plans in accordance with the qualification specifications
* Set and mark learners work daily, ensuring feedback is provided in a timely manner
* Keep track of and maintaining records of participants’ attendance, participation, and progress
* Complete course and contract related administrative tasks to specified standards to enable funding to be claimed for each learner.
Skills and Experience
* Experience in delivering Functional Skills Maths Entry 1 to Level 2
* Occupational Competence in Functional Skills Maths Entry Level 1- Level 2
* Teaching qualification or equivalent
* PTTLS, DTTLS or equivalent
Salary: £27-28K dependant on experience
Location: Southwest London
Hours: (Full time / part time) 9am to 5:30PM Mon to Fri
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + Birthday Day off; Pension contributions; Career development opportunities; Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
In light of Covid-19 Interviews may be undertaken via Microsoft Teams. Following recent developments from COVID 19 you may see a delay in receiving feedback or interviews being scheduled.
We regret that unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted