Functional Skills Maths Tutor
|Job Title:||Functional Skills Maths Tutor|
|Salary:||£24,341.24 - £28,571.41 per annum + £287.75 London weighting (recurring monthly)|
|Start Date:||2019-05-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2019 12:41|
HMP Bronzefield are currently recruiting for a Functional Skills Maths Tutor.
As a Functional Skills Maths Tutor, you will plan, develop, implement and evaluate activities and appropriate courses while teaching learners to increase their basic education levels up to level 2.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.Package description
Salary £24,341.24 - £28,571.41 per annum depending on experience + London weighting (£287.75 recurring monthly)
37.5 hours per week
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the Curriculum Lead to produce innovative and stimulating lessons for prisoners to encourage participation whatever level the prisoners are starting from
- Effectively plan courses and lessons by preparing and using schemes of work and lesson plans for all classes for the benefit of the learner as for evidence at inspection/lesson observations
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures, such as Security, Health and Safety and Prisoner Welfare, are adhered to and take responsibility of the work area
- Identify the needs of individuals in classes and groups and develop differentiate teaching methods and resources accordingly
- Assist in any marketing strategies related to courses, delivery and training within normal work hours and out of normal work hours
- Monitor take-up of taught course and employ strategies to increase take-up to ensure maximum attendance
- Monitor attendance, achievement and progression of learners reporting any difficulties to your Line Manager
- Attend team meetings to evaluate progress and promote good practice and attend all staff meetings, which will include giving feedback on classes and ideas for development of teaching practice and the Department generally
- Establish a rapport with prisoners to encourage them to take their first steps in learning and achieve a recognised qualification
- Monitor quality control of work produced by prisoners to maintain standards required
- Contribute to course reviews and setting and monitoring action plans
- Full teaching qualification (Minimum of CTLLS) or PGCE or working towards
- Experience of delivering Functional skills in the classroom
- Recognised Level 3 qualification or above in an identified subject and professional experience
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- A flexible and responsive attitude
- Enthusiasm for the subject area
- Willingness to innovate and demonstrate self-motivation
- Awareness of and commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity and inclusion
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Assessor or IV qualification is desirable.
- Experience in a prison environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Functional Skills Maths Tutor
£24,341.24 - £28,571.41 per annum + £287.75 London weighting (recurring monthly)
£25,468.53 - £29,130.26 pro-rated
Information, Advice and Guidance/Functional Skills English Tutor
£28,571.21 per annum + London weighting
£18 - £20 per hour, Benefits: Free CPD
£60 - £65 per day