|Location||Holyrood Road, Edinburgh||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||??35000 - ??35000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
As a front of house manager??of a prestigious site, you will be responsible for??planning, organising??and managing??multi-department delivery of all services within all areas Front of House catering and Hospitality provision.
Are you a self-starter and passionate about service excellence and good food???
This a unique opportunity to lead a team of dedicated hospitality professionals in an original setting. Managing performance of the front of house service delivery, delivering the services through a high performing team.??
We are a key player in the government services sector and with great opportunities for further career development.This role will allow you to showcase professional qualities in your approach to service excellence, compliance, commercial and financial awareness whilst utilising your strong relationship management skills and authentic leadership.
You'll provide leadership and clear direction to your team, ensuring they are motivated and engaged, and that they understand how their contribution impacts on the business.Package description
- ??3,5000 per annum
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Sodexo Discounts scheme
- To work in conjunction with Executive Chef to ensure operational excellence within Front of House business area with specific responsibility for labour management and performance of a defined group of employees.
- Active involvement, promotion and support of activities aligned towards employee engagement.
- Develop and maintain a positive internal and external network.
- Continued professional learning and development in soft and hard FM services.
- To implement and measure The Scottish Parliament policy drivers associated with facilities and wider social impact ensuring costs are budgeted and anticipated.
- To manage Front of House service provision as identified through Clients for Life and associated processes.
- Knowledge of working in a management role within a large catering unit.
- Leadership skills and knowledge.
- People management skills including general HR skills in recruitment, training and managing employee performance including disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- Good numerical, interpersonal and communication skills, must be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication.
- Management knowledge of health & safety and food safety.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail and adherence to standards.
- Analyse problems analytically, develop opportunities and implement innovative solutions.
- Proven experience of managing long-term client relationships.
- Proven track record of leading, managing and developing a team across multiple areas.
- Proven ability to develop new business opportunities and manage projects.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to compile budgets and manage financial performance.
- Previous experience of relevant service.
- Level 3 CEIH Food safety and IOSH managing safely.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over ??1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to??safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles??will require applicants to??undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)??and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
This role sits within our Defence and Government services segment where we are trusted partner in providing a range of quality of life services to our clients