Front of House Manager - Catering
|Job Title:||Front of House Manager - Catering|
|Salary:||Up to £35,000|
|Start Date:||2019-07-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Davina Healey|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2019 11:03|
We have an exciting role that has become available as Catering Front of House Manager to be based at The Shell centre in London. The role will involve supporting the Catering Manager and Executive Chef drive the delivery and development of the food offer, services and events through commercial initiatives, innovation and team development. The expected head count of the campus is 2500 and you will ensure prompt and efficient preparation and service in all food areas to the company’s standard and to the client’s satisfaction.
Sodexo’s Energy & Resources team serves clients across specialist industries: oil & gas; mining and engineering; construction plus other energy sectors.
We have a dedicated team of 2,000 employees working at over 80 sites in the UK & Ireland region - often in isolated locations both on and offshore.
Onshore and offshore operations are coordinated from our Energy & Resources segment headquarters in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Click here to find our more about careers with Energy & Resources and check out this video all about life at Sodexo:Package description
Up to £35,000 depending on experience + benefits
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!Main responsibilities
- To regularly monitor customer feedback and ensure all issues are dealt with satisfactorily and any areas of concern are handed over to the Catering Manager to follow up
- To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs
- Develop strong working relationships with on-site client team and operate proactively in line with the Clients for Life Philosophy
- Ensure the prompt provision and efficient service of all meals and catering requirements at the specified time to the standards laid down in the KPI's.
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels agreed between the Client and Sodexo. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with your line manager.
- Recruit, induct, motivate, manage and develop all employees following Sodexo HR policy and guide-lines
- Role model the focus on five behaviours to improve engagement, enhance performance and retain Investors in People accreditation
- Promote Sodexo as the preferred employer, internally and externally, adhering to Sodexo recruitment policies and raise the profile of Sodexo in local communities, building relationships with key stake- holders.
- Promote the health and well-being of employees
- Previous catering experience
- Experience of managing budgets
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients and staff at all levels
- Experience of delivering training using company guidelines
- Basic food hygiene certificate
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Positive approach to learning in role and identifying own training needs as appropriate
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop increasing individual effectiveness through leadership, motivation, communication, coaching and training
- IOSH managing safely qualification
- CIEH Level 3 qualification
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's