Forklift Truck Driver
- Job Reference: 00073367-1
- Date Posted: 13 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Forklift Truck Driver
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
It takes many highly skilled people to build a house, but they all have one thing in common: the ability to work as a team. It is the single most important skill – nothing would get built at all, let alone to Bloor Homes’ exacting standards, without people working together smoothly, safely and efficiently. On a construction site, or in a storage facility, a Forklift Truck Driver is solely responsible for moving materials around – safely, quickly and efficiently. Nobody else could do their job without those materials being in the right place at the right time. The Forklift Driver is a key member of the team. The safe storage, movement and handling of deliveries and materials is at the heart of everything we do.
We are recruiting for an experienced Forklift Truck Driver / Telehandler / Forklift Operator to join our Southern Region, to be site based in Reading. The duties of a Forklift Truck Driver are to move materials safely around a site, check deliveries and ensure their correct storage and distribution around the site, all in a safe and timely manner. Safety is key – it is the driver’s responsibility to ensure safe access and walkways, to ensure skips are used correctly and waste materials are managed in line with our waste policies.
* Ensuring materials are moved safely on and around the site.
* Checking the quality of material delivered to site.
* The storage and distribution of materials on site.
* To monitor safe access and walkways.
* To ensure skips are used correctly and tipping skips are emptied in the correct skips to help with our waste management.
* To maintain a clean and safe site at all times.
* Comply with and uphold company policies and procedures.
* Undertake any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
* Ensuring all health and Safety aspects of Covid-19.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
* Hold a FLT Licence
* Experience in a previous role as a Forklift Truck Driver / Telehandler / Forklift Operator.
* effective communication skills, and good time management
* Self-motivated and proactive with an enthusiastic work ethic.
* Pension Scheme.
* 30 days holiday entitlement (including bank holidays).
* Group Staff Discount at Triumph Motorcycles ltd.
* Competitive discount on our homes (dependent upon the property and location).
If you feel this vacancy could be your new career path, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV