Food Service Assistant - Nottingham
Ongoing temporary work - Part Time and Full Time available.
£8.21 per hour with enhanced rates offered at weekends.
A fantastic opportunity for Food Service Assistants based in a hospital environment in Nottingham. We are looking for people who have a previous background working within a catering environment, serving food and checking food temperatures. You will be responsible for serving patient's food, maintaining a clean environment, offering a friendly service, checking food temperatures and clearing away. The role provides a high standard service to its patients and requires the catering assistants to be confident, friendly, accommodating, clean and presentable. You will also manage large food trolleys and be given all the relevant training required over a two week training period.
We have part time and full time roles available, shifts and hours are detailed below.
* Immediate start for the successful candidates.
* Temporary, ongoing work.
* 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis.
* You will get two days off together each week.
* Weekend working required.
* Part time shifts: 3.30pm - 6.30pm.
* Full time shifts: 7:30am - 3:00pm.
Key responsibilities include:
* Serving food to patients on wards.
* Taking food temperatures.
* Heating food on trolleys.
* Clearing away.
* Following food hygiene policies.
* Offering a friendly service.
* Food service or catering assistant background.
* Customer service skills.
* Be able to be empathetic and understanding.
* Using thermometers and recording temperatures.
* Following H&S policies.
* Food Hygiene Level two - this can be provided for you.
* Enhanced DBS certificate required.
* £8.21 per hour, enhanced weekend and night rates after 12 weeks.
* 5 days out of 7 on a 7 week rolling rota.
* Two days off together.
* Regular and set hours working 3.30pm - 6.30pm or 7:30am - 3:00pm.
* Company pension scheme.
* Reward & recognition scheme - superstar awards.
* Weekly pay.
* Ongoing work and permanent opportunities.
* Working within a friendly and welcoming team.
* Excellent transports links using the bus or tram.
* Easy access by car from major road links such as M1.
Recruitment checks for this role:
* Enhanced DBS check is required for this role.
* 5 years employment referencing with no gaps.
* Proof of right to work in the UK.
Click the apply button today. We promise to reply to every application within 7 days.