|Salary||£19,072.66 + London Weighting||Sector||Miscellaneous|
HMP Bronzefield are currently recruiting for an FM Estates Escort to escort and oversee safety and security duties of Contractors and their equipment/tools on site.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.Package description
£19.072.66 per annum + recurring £287.75 monthly London Weighting
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holiday.
- To be compliant with the Health & Safety at Work Act.1974 regulations
- To support the Director in delivering the vision for HMP YOI Bronzefield, by ensuring that the prison operates effectively with the corporate and local values and vision
- To endorse positive safety culture on all contractors ,staff and visitors
- Be familiar with, and adhere to, tool management procedures as laid down in the Local Security Strategy.
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are completed in a safe and timely manner
- Escort contractors to all areas within the establishment as deployed and arranged under the Deputy Facilities Manager
- Account for at all times, contractors tools and equipment
- Instruct contractors of procedures in the event of an unforeseen incident ( Fire, General Alarm, Security Issue)
- Collect, Return and be Accountable for keys as required for access
- Escort contractors vehicles on site
- Inform the Deputy Head of Facilities Manager of work carried out and any issues or concerns regarding their contractors
- Follow Sodexo Justice Services security procedures in the event of an incident
- Carry out additional work as directed by the Deputy Head of Facilities Management
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying ;for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.