|Salary||£15.2 per hour||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
6 Month contract
Pertemps are working with their national contract client to find a flood risk analysis to work in the Buckley office on a 6 month contract. This position may be extended.
The post holder will produce, manage and delivering timely flood risk information and evidence that underpins the work of the clients Flood Risk Management and Operations teams.
Consider the principles of SMNR and Well-being of Future Generations Act are considered in all decision making.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Lead and undertake the project management and delivery of flood risk modelling commissions.
• Undertake flood risk modelling studies using industry standard modelling software (i.e. Flood Modeller Pro / TuFLOW).
• Use knowledge to assess potential options for reducing flood risk within ‘at risk' communities.
• Prepare and maintain public facing flood map products.
• Undertake post flood data collection and analysis.
• Quality check Flood Consequence Assessments and provide advice to colleagues with regards to development and planning.
• Build strong working relationships across the business and ensure delivery of the evidence required to make informed decisions.
• Represent the clients in post flood public meetings.
• Support Health & Safety best practice by actively promoting awareness and ensuring the provision of safe working practices to comply with policies and standards.
• Act as mentor and technical advisor to less experienced team members.
• Relevant qualifications - educated to degree level or equivalent in a scientific or engineering subject.
• Good project and budget management knowledge with experience in delivering projects.
• Experience in 1D/2D fluvial or coastal modelling (e.g. Experience in ISIS, TuFLOW, Flood modeller Pro, Infoworks, MIKE etc).
• Excellent knowledge & experience of GIS systems and mapping (ARCGIS or MAPINFO).
• Excellent knowledge of data management and management of large / complex data sets.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills. Ability to communicate complex issues to a broad audience.
• Good report writing skills
• Must have full UK driving licence.
If you are interested in this position and wish to apply, please click the apply button or call Jess on 01978 291 565.