Flight Line Supervisor B4T (AV/Elect)
About the role
Here at Babcock International we’re looking to recruit a Flight Line Supervisor (AV/Elect) as part of T2 Flight-line Operations at RAF Valley. You will be responsible in assisting with the production of Hawk TMk2 aircraft to meet the daily flying task.
Employees may be asked to work over-time to ensure there are sufficient aircraft to meet the task. The Hawk contract requires employees to support planned detachments and down-bird recovery activities as and when requested.
Flight-line Supervisors will oversee all authorised tasks providing oversight and assurance of the quality of the service provided. You will be technically trained in one of the 3 trades and will be able to support the rectification task during light flying periods and assist aircrew with crew-in snags. The actions and decisions taken shall be limited to those actions authorised as governed by trade, experience and competence.
• Maintain compliance with BAES MOE/AMCs at all times.
• Monitoring attendance, bringing persistent offenders to the attention of the senior controller.
• Managing On the Job training, including the correct raising of paperwork, and manage personnel SQEP criteria.
• Manage a Continuous Improvement Programme with line management.
• Ensure failures and incidents are correctly reported, investigated and appropriate action taken
• Further support the Hawk Security Standing Orders, Management, Safety & Security Tours, Facilities Oversight Checks and a culture of Safety.
• Expected to deputise for Flight-line/Docs Controller
• Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
• Sign 1st signature for tasked work within trade boundary
• Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
What do I need to do the role?
• Minimum of 3 years as a B3T within a related engineering environment
• Completed Supervisory Management training (desirable).
• Completed IOSH Managing Safely (desirable).
• Computer literate
• City & Guilds 2675 Level 3 or equivalent or NVQ Level 3 in Aircraft maintenance
• Supervisors in Aviation training
• Systems Type course
What else do I need to know?
• The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.