|Job Title:||Fitness Instructor|
|Salary:||£21,730 pern annum + London weighting (£287.75 recurring monthly)|
|Start Date:||2019-05-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lucy Mellor|
|Job Published:||May 21, 2019 14:45|
HMP Bronzefield are recruiting for a Fitness Instructor.
You will lead, instruct, and motivate individuals or groups of all ages and skill levels in exercise activities, including cardiovascular exercise strength training, stretching and therapeutic exercise. You will be required to demonstrate exercises and routines to service users, assist service users in exercises to minimize injury and promote fitness and modify exercises according to clients' fitness levels.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand. HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.Package description
£21,730 + London weighting £287.75 recurring monthly
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 28 days holidayMain responsibilities
- Organise and supervise a range of activities for residents using the Gym
- Ensure the physical health and Well-Being needs of the residents are met
- Run a range of PEI programmes that promote participation and complement the prison regime taking into account the diverse needs of the population
- Promote healthy lifestyle opportunities for the residents whilst in custody, that can be continued upon release
- Deliver accredited qualifications to Gym users and facilitate learner progression
- Provide new users with full Multi Gym inductions
- Responsible for the opening and closing of the Multi Gym and Sports Hall
- Organise Sports Competitions and events for users
- Promote and support Staff health and fitness programmes
- Provide relevant reports as directed by the gymnasium manager to the required areas on time, ie regime monitoring, wages tool check sheets
- Ensure the safe set up and storage the sports equipment
- Deliver fitness sessions for Staff to promote health and well being
- Yoga qualification
- Zumba /Fitness in Dance Qualification
- Level 3 certificate in Personal Training
- Ability to carry out data collation as set out by the Gymnasium Manager
- Strong customer services skills and experience with at least 1 year in the fitness industry
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a proven experience of managing client and/or customer relationships
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's