First Line Support Analyst - Telecoms
- Job Reference: 00072979-1
- Date Posted: 11 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £20,000 to £24,000
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
- Job Type: Permanent
Solution IP are a leading Business Communication Specialist with nationwide coverage and offices in Bristol and Romsey. We are a telecoms MSP, specialising in broadband and data network products, whilst supporting other telecoms products such as telephone lines, hosted telephony and PBX's.
Summary of Position.
As part of the Service Desk team, you’ll be an invaluable first point of contact for our clients. The Service Desk is responsible for dealing with all inbound service incidents/requests from our client base, as well as proactively maintaining and enhancing the service we deliver to our clients. You will effectively manage/monitor our CRM (ConnectWise) and answer all incoming telephone calls, ensuring that all incidents are routed to the correct support team member in line with the skills matrix.
This is a service desk analyst role specialising in telecoms system and network support. This includes broadband and data network products and support of our other core products:
* Support of enterprise-grade telephone systems, comprising of both on-premise and hosted solutions
* Provisioning and support of network services (PSTN, ISDN, SIP, A/VDSL & Ethernet)
* Assisting the Head of Delivery with project implementation
* General support of Solution IP’s products and services
Customer contact is largely via telephone and email, and involves liaison with third party suppliers (e.g. BT, City Fibre, Gamma). Excellent customer service is a vital part of the role.
* First line customer support. Receiving incidents/service requests via telephone and email. Undertaking fault diagnosis to resolve service incidents and working with third party suppliers when necessary.
* Knowledge of hosted phone systems, IT, managed broadband, leased lines, liaise with third party suppliers and keep the customer regularly updated with the progress.
* Customer liaison; regularly updating customers is a key element of the role. As well as keeping our CRM system up-to-date.
* Involvement in project work to deploy multi-site managed data networks, site-to-site VPN networks, PSTN/ISDN/Ethernet circuits & telephone system installations.
* To ensure all service tickets are resolved in line with contractual SLAs, keeping senior team members & management informed of unresolved issues and problems.
* Configuring telephone systems and broadband hardware (e.g. hosted and on-site PBX’s, routers, firewalls) including dispatching to the customer.
* Support Head of Service with ad-hoc IT requests and in-house service development projects.
* Providing technical support for Solution IP’s mobile product set.
Personal Specification – Technical.
* Educated to A-level or equivalent.
* Experience using the Microsoft Office/ 365 suite and Windows 10.
* Experience in a Service Desk environment and knowledge of Horizon.
* Great communication skills – verbal and written.
* Well-organized and methodical, good team player.
* Problem-solving approach, pays attention to detail.
* Focused on providing great customer service.
* A basic understanding of SIP/VOIP/Broadband technologies.
* Cisco CCNA Levels 1-4 certified (or actively studying) .
* ITIL Foundation or higher.
* Networking Knowledge.
* Firewall administration.
* Experience working with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
* Experience in troubleshooting faults with mobile devices, both networking and handset related.
* Ability to take ownership of customer requests, queries and faults.
Personal Specification – Soft Skills.
* Strong organisational skills
* Technically competent on products and services
* Good interpersonal skills
* The ability to multi-task
* Customer service focus
* Effective communicator, on phone and in writing.
* Computer literate.
Due to a large number of applicants, it is not possible to respond to every application. If you have not heard from us within 28 days, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
No agencies please
Job Type: Full-time
PPE is available for employees to wear if they wish.