- Job Reference: 00044234-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Salary: £45,000 to £55,000
- Sector: Construction, Trades & Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Role: Fire Engineer
Office Location: Nottingham / Home
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + car/ travel allowance + excellent benefits package
Sector: Property / Commercial / Residential / Construction Consultancy
The company works closely with Tier 1 & 2 contractors to provide fire consultancy services which ensures compliance of new builds throughout the UK. In the last 12 months the business has developed a Fire Engineering / Consultancy / Technical team; due to an increase in work and a strong order book for the next few years, they require an experienced Fire Engineer to join the team to work on a variety of projects within the commercial, industrial and residential (public & private) sectors throughout the UK.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced fire engineer to join the team out of their offices in Nottingham (Due to Covid-19 the role will be based from home, with travel to projects). This position would suit an ambitious fire engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career and join a highly successful business which has impressive growth plans for the future.
* Delivery of fire consultancy services along with fire strategy and design reports.
* Excellent understanding of UK legislation, standards and guidance, such as Regulatory Reform (Fire & Safety) Order 2005; HM Government Fire Safety Risk Assessment Guides; The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999; Building Regulations – Approved Document B; BSI PAS79.
* Attendance of internal & external design team meetings.
* Generate fire safety audits and Surveys.
* Mentor and provide technical fire safety advice to junior members of the team.
* Degree in fire engineering or similar engineering discipline
* Chartered Engineer or working towards this (desirable)
* 3-5 years as fire engineer working on residential, commercial and industrial projects.
* Membership to IFE ideally at Member, Associate or Graduate level.
* Full UK Driving License