- Job Reference: 00066965-1
- Date Posted: 11 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Coventry, Midlands
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Engineering
- Job Type: Permanent
Chubb is a leading provider of fire safety and security solutions & services for customers worldwide. We have been protecting people and assets for over 200 years. Today, our 14,000 employees in 250 branches in 17 countries work to make the world safer, protect people and provide peace of mind. Our fire, security and monitoring services cover more than 1.3 million sites around the world.
Chubb now has an opportunity for a field-based Fire Systems Engineer to cover a geographical area around Coventry. The main goal of this role is to carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of fire detection, fire alarm and associated equipment and products. As a Fire Systems Engineer your work is essential, keeping our customer sites safe and secure, whilst maintaining Chubb’s reputation and profitability.
What will I be doing as a Fire Engineer?
* You will carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of fire detection, fire alarm and associated equipment and products to relevant legislative and Company’s qualitative standards
* You will indentify and following through sales opportunities within area of responsibility
* Where required, you will plan and organize own work programme to ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and organized way
* Shares technical and problem-solving ability skills and knowledge with colleagues in the team
* Fully understand and comply with any site-specific H & S requirements and/or training relevant to a site being worked on
What can we offer you?
· Competitive Salary
· Company vehicle or cash allowance
· 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
· Generous pension scheme
· Employee scholarship scheme
· Benefits Central Platform hosting employee reward and recognition initiatives and health and wellbeing resources
· Bravo Awards which recognise outstanding contributions from all employees and encourage excellence
To be successful in this role you will possess:
* A recognized Electrical or Electronic qualification and experience of installation or servicing of Fire alarm and Emergency lighting systems.
* Approved Electrician and/or City & Guilds 236 Pt 1 and 2 in Electrical Installation and maintenance or equivalent desirable
* The ability to read prepared plans and technical sketches, service and repair systems in accordance with information provided, and record changes to and the location of equipment on the installation drawings and the O & M manual
* Must be able and willing to participate in out of hour’s standby and call out rota
* A confident and professional manner in front of customers
* Current ROI driving licence
We welcome applications from Fire Systems Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Fire Installation Engineers, Electrical Service Engineers, Security Service Engineers, Security Installation Engineers or Operations Managers looking to get back on the tools who live within a commutable distance of Coventry
We take the wellbeing of our staff and stakeholders seriously. During the Covid-19 pandemic, Chubb continues to ensure that our customer premises, assets and people remain safe and secure. Every Chubb employee will work within government guidelines to minimize interaction and maintain social distancing, on our own premises and beyond. To that end, our talent acquisition team and hiring managers will utilize phone and video interviewing to ensure candidates remain safe whilst receiving the best possible interview experience.