|Job Title:||Finishing Assistant|
|Salary:||£8.46 - £8.81 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-03-27 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Greg Hines|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2019 17:20|
• £8.46 per hour rising to £8.81 after 12 weeks
• Temp to perm roles
• Organically growing company
• 5:45am – 6:15pm / 5:45pm – 6:15am rotating shifts
• Work 3 days per week and get paid for 37.5 hours
• Up to 7 days off at a time
• Weekly Pay when with Pertemps
• Holiday Pay
• Uniform provided and cleaned
• Godmanchester based
We are working with a brand leader in quality packaging to recruit finishing assistants to work in the Godmanchester area for immediate starts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to progress in a clean environment printing/production environment with a company that cares about their staff, the environment and continually develop the skills of all of their employees.
The general duties will include but not be limited to:
• Assisting the Print Operating staff to ensure that jobs are produced as directed in a timely manner
• Removing excess cardboard from around print jobs
• Packing stock and ensuring product is finished to a high degree
• Learning how to set up printing and folding machines
• Helping to ensure that a clean and safe workplace is maintained at all times
This is a happy place to work, with a bright shop floor, plenty of natural light, ambient temperature, excellent ventilation and some of the worlds most advanced cardboard folding/cutting machines doing most of the hard work. This is a company that prides itself on organic growth and opens up all opportunities to all staff, supporting training where needed to help colleagues careers progress.
The starting rate is £8.46p/h, rising to £8.81p/h after and a +25% overtime premium after 12 weeks. This can continue to rise in line with experience and additional qualifications such as becoming a First Aider or Fire Marshall.
The shifts are 12.5 hours long, but you only have to do 3 of them to work 37.5 hours. Whilst sometimes the shift pattern will dictate that you'll go straight from days on to nights after almost 24 hours off (finish 3 days at 6:15pm Saturday, start 3 nights at 5:45pm on Sunday) but when you finish at 6:15am Wednesday morning, you've got 7 days off before you go back in at 5;45pm for your 3 nights. Some weeks you'll just do 3 days or 3 nights during the week, it's complicated but it works. The company closes every week at 6:15pm Saturday and doesn't reopen until 5:45 pm on Sunday, it's also closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and News Years Day.
The successful candidates will be physically fit, able to do some times strenuous work for 12.5 hours, although the jobs get varied after a few hours to keep it fresh, have good attention to detail and able to keep up with the machines, all whilst keeping your sense of humour and a smile on your face.
Desirable experience, although a good attitude is much more important.
• Print/Machine minding experience (although not essential)
• Eye for detail
• Good level of English
• Strong work ethic
If you're interested click Apply Now and one of the team will call you to discuss your application very soon.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's