|Salary||Up to £35,000||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Sodexo are proud of their long-standing relationship with Ascot Racecourse. In 2017 we cemented our partnership through the creation of the 1711 by Ascot, the new brand for our joint venture. 1711 by Ascot is responsible for providing catering operations across the racecourses’ 26 annual race days and further conferences and events at the venue throughout the year.
The 1711 by Ascot team are recruiting a Fine Dining Operations Manager to be based at Ascot Racecourse. The successful candidate will manage the food and beverage operation within the Fine Dining department and be responsible for up to 30 restaurants during race days and events. The Fine Dining Operations Manager will support the Head of Fine Dining and Boxes to maximise the profitability of the £6,000,000 department and work closely with the wider operations team to share best practice.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Salary: Up to £35,000
Location: Ascot Racecourse - SL5 7JX
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time PermanentMain responsibilities
- Identify profitable growth opportunities through innovation and sharing of best practices within the Fine Dining operation
- Ensure the smooth delivery of race days and events across the Fine Dining Operation in up to 30 restaurants)
- Manage clients’ expectations both internal and external
- Ensure the Fine Dining account is performing within the agreed KPIs at all times to meet client agreements
- Manage and be responsible for the variable costs within the Fine Dining budget including labour and expenses
- Ensure that clients receive best in class service delivered within contractual terms and in a cost-effective manner
- Recruit, develop and motivate a strong team of casual managers and staff to ensure consistently high standards are maintained
- Work with the on-site training team to develop and implement initiatives to upskill frontline staff to raise the standard of service
- Collaborate with support functions, including Staffing, Training, Commercial and Planning teams to ensure a smooth operation
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all 1711 and Ascot teams
- Review, maintain and implement SOPs, ensuring all aspects are consistently complied with
- Manage relationships with celebrity chefs’ ensuring all contractual terms are met
- Fine Dining and/or Event operations background
- Strong operational knowledge of all aspects of event setup, delivery and breakdown
- Flexible in approach to operational management
- Comfortable operating during times of ambiguity
- Experienced in the management of multiple profit and loss accounts
- Excellent people management skills - confident in managing a large and diverse casual team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- CIEH Level 3 qualification
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.