Financial Services Manager
3 month temporary role (may be extended)
Bluearrow Recruitment are pleased to be working with a local Public Sector client, recruiting for a Financial Services Manager.
The role will be based primarily in Norwich and will involve some travel between different locations across the East of England.
The successful applicant will responsible for the Trust's Capital & Charitable Funds accounting records & the production of regular & accurate financial information for these areas.
You will be required to provide financial accounting advice to the Finance Team in relation to the Trusts Standing Financial Instructions, regulatory and professional requirements of the Department of Health and the Treasury. You will ensure the timely and accurate processing of transactions and the completion of control checks to enable the Trust to provide accurate and timely management and statutory information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To include but not limited to:
* To ensuring sound accountancy practices are adhered to within the Finance Team
* To ensure compliance with the Trust's Standing Financial Instructions within the Finance Team.
* Responsible for the Agreement of Balances exercise.
* Act as Manager for the Trust's Charitable Funds & ensure all accounting records are accurate, complete, up-to-date & in accordance with the latest SORP issued by the Charity Commission.
* Provide gatekeepers with regular accurate and timely information with regards to the funds they are responsible for.
* Manage the preparation of the Charitable Trust Fund Accounts. Liaison with external auditors and completion of statutory returns.
* Maintain control systems in a timely manner to provide assurance as to the accuracy of financial information.
* Oversee cash flow forecasting and review with the Deputy Head of Financial Services.
* Responsible for the timely and accurate payment of and completion of statutory returns for VAT, NI and Income Tax
* To assist with the monthly, quarterly and annual FMA returns.
* To lead in the submission of the Trusts' VAT returns to HM Revenue & Customs. This will require close working with the Trust's external tax advisors.
* To Assist the Deputy Head of Financial Services in following up Trust managers to ensure internal audit recommendations are being implemented on a timely basis.
* Assist the Deputy Head of Financial Services to manage capital expenditure and ensure the Trust's Capital Resource Limit (CRL) target is met.
* Ensure the Trust's Asset Register is up-to-date, complete & correct & is maintained in accordance with reporting requirements and the NHS Manual of Accounts. This includes acting as Systems Manager for the Asset Register System.
* Ensure the Asset Register reconciles to & is consistent with the General Ledger at all times.
* CCAB Qualified
* Thorough experience and up-to-date knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS accounting standards and internal financial controls.
* Expert knowledge of financial and accounting procedures, financial and other aspects of legislation.
* Familiarity with integrated financial IT systems.
* Experience of Treasury Management and cash flow forecasting.
* Knowledge and experience of accounting for charities.
* Knowledge and experience of accounting for capital
* Ability to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive and contentious information
* Knowledge and experience of performance management techniques
* Evidence of strong analytical, numerical and critical reasoning skills and proven capability of effective problem solving.
WHATS IN IT FOR ME?
This will be initially a three month temporary position with the potential to be extended for a further six months, this will decided at a later point.
Monthly Salary for this role is based on a yearly salary of £38,890
If this sounds like the role for you, please CLICK APPLY NOW to send you up to date CV for this position.