Financial Services Analyst
- Job Reference: 00010486-1
- Date Posted: 12 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: £30,000
- Sector: Accounting, Banking & Financial Services, Insurance & Superannuation, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Financial Services Analyst, GlobalData
We are currently recruiting an Analyst for the Financial Services division of GlobalData. GlobalData is a business to business insight company with a global reach, providing essential business information to senior executives around the world. Our company hosts over 80 online information services, publishes over 90 magazines and runs over 40 global events. Our brands have a legacy of providing market-leading information services that dates back over 130 years. Based across London, Hyderabad and Sydney, our Financial Services team conducts research into the industry across the globe.
The primary role of the Analyst is to produce high-quality, analytical content for the GlobalData Financial Services team based in our London office. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent restrictions on travel and work, the role will initially be home based. Our analysts produce in-depth reports on key trends, country reports, company profiles and opinion pieces. Our analyst team also runs global primary and secondary research studies, which are used to build market sizing and competitor share databases. All of this content is distributed to subscribers through the GlobalData Financial Services Intelligence Centre.
Upon entry into this role the successful candidate will be expected to deliver on a number of core responsibilities, which are outlined below.
• Producing a range of content types to deadline e.g. opinion pieces, market reports, databases and in-depth issue reports.
• Shaping and scoping the story for each content type. This includes conducting primary and secondary research, manipulating data sets to highlight key insights and notable trends and drawing conclusions from the gathered data.
• Conducting telephone interviews with industry specialists, and building and maintaining relationship with contacts.
• Working as part of a team on various projects and liaising with other areas of the business, including sales, marketing, client services and software development.
• Handling client queries.
• Producing marketing brochures and slide decks for client presentations and webinars.
Key Skills Required
Candidates need to:
* Possess excellent written English to produce client-facing material in Word and PowerPoint.
* Be numerate – this is essential for manipulating data sets and extracting relevant information in Excel.
* Be prepared to build in-depth knowledge of consumer banking, including key trends and innovations.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills in order to work with a range of individuals at all levels and engage with key stakeholders, including the wider research team, the data team, editorial, client services, sales and marketing.
* Possess excellent time management and organisational skills, as well as the ability to work independently and come up with new ideas.
* Have experience in a research or analyst role, ideally in the financial services sector.
* Be passionate about research, with an interest in consumer finance and the curiosity to investigate trends and issues.
* Be competent across the Microsoft Office package.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. Successful candidates will be contacted within three weeks of the closing date