|Salary||£38000 - £40000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
The primary focus of the role is to ensure the UK group meets both its internal and external regulatory and solvency reporting requirements. The role offers an exciting opportunity to develop financial reporting knowledge and to focus on both accounting standards and legislative requirements. Sitting within the wider Financial Reporting & Tax team, the role will provide an ideal opportunity to develop accountancy knowledge and gain exposure to the wider organisation. Training will be provided, where required, on sector specific financial reporting requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Consolidated balance sheet –be responsible for the timely and accurate reporting and reconciliation of the UK IFRS balance sheet to Group and senior management on a monthly basis
• Annual reporting - prepare the annual financial statements for the UK group, including liaising with external auditors as required and ensuring the appropriate reviews take place
• Solvency II – assist in the timely completion of the UK Solvency II reporting requirements to Group and the PRA on a quarterly and annual basis, liaising with Actuarial, Risk and Capital teams where required
• Pension reporting - ensure the Staff Pension Scheme is accurately maintained within the general ledger throughout the year and assist with the timely reporting to the Trustees on both a quarterly and annual basis
• Other reporting –be responsible for the completion and timely submission of statutory and trade organisation requests on a quarterly and annual basis
• Support the team with ad hoc queries, projects and unusual / large business transactions as required
We are looking for someone who has:
• Experience of IFRS and Solvency II
• Qualified or part qualified accountant
• Good Excel skills
• Experience using Oracle's E1 (general ledger) and IBM's Cognos TM1 (reporting tool)
• The ability to provide attention to detail and good analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.