Location: Central London
Salary: £40,000 - £44,999.
Contract: 12 month Full Time Contract
Our client is actively seeking applications from the ex-military talent pool. The role is well suited to ex-military cyber professionals, military police or those with relevant interest and experience. If you have solid communications skills, investigative and analytical skills - and experience leading/or working in a team, we want to hear from you.
The Financial Crime analyst is responsible for undertaking daily review of transaction monitoring alerts across Corporate Banking customers including financial institutions, public institutions and multi-national corporates. Additionally, customer transactions will be reviewed as part of periodic and event-driven customer KYC reviews.
Why apply for this role?
Financial Crime often funds much darker activities. Our Clients Financial Crime team continuously work to protect their customers and communities from these terrible crimes. Right now, they’re looking for an eagle-eyed expert to join their 1st Line of defence to help with this.
You’ll act as a trusted advisor across Financial Crime. It will be down to you to analyse and react to alerts relating to Corporate Banking Customers (including public institutions and multi-nationals).
They take pride in their work and so will you.
- Analysing alerted payments or trades for potential Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing risks
- Investigating customer transactions as part of periodic and event-driven customer KYC reviews
- Engaging with relevant stakeholders including front-office relationship managers
- Escalating confirmed suspicious activities to the Suspicious Activity Reporting Unit formally
- Compiling and advising on investigation data for market alerts
- Observing industry trends and speaking up about potential opportunities to improve our tools, processes and products
- Previous experience in Transaction Monitoring
- Significant experience in the financial services industry - desirable
- A structured approach to the investigations of alerts, with the ability to translate complex data into clear and engaging messages
- A working knowledge of Financial Crime frameworks, policies, procedures and processes
- Strong presentation skills, and the confidence to influence colleagues at all levels
- Previous experience in Correspondent Banking would be advantageous
- As well as a competitive salary, you’ll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. For contract roles, your salary, bonus (where eligible) and certain benefits will be prorated to reflect your working hours / contract duration.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in their success by investing in their Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and the community partnerships.
They are an equal opportunities employer. Their customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do their people. They have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed, and they particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.