|Salary||£42000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
As the Financial Accountant, you will primarily be responsible for the preparation and management of the monthly reporting for the insurance operations and MGA. Other responsibilities include the calculation and settlement of group inter-company charges, group reporting, statutory and regulatory reporting and indirect tax. You will liaise with external and internal auditors. In managing a small team, you will need to also develop their direct reports and provide a flexible approach that increases their exposure to finance practices and maximises their learning opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead a team taking responsibility for their work prioritisation, motivation, performance & productivity
• Proactively deal with customer issues from both external and internal customers in respect of financial information and processes
• Ensure the team's actions are in line with the standards required by senior Finance staff, including, but not limited to: accounting standards, internal and Group requirements (e.g. fast close down)
• Internal and external audit outcomes
• Reconciliation of the balances & accounts under your control & action remedies for any discrepancies
• Assist in the preparation of financial accounts, and the population and analysis of financial reporting data and narrative
• Carry out all tasks in line with stipulated processes, procedures & authority limits. Ensure processes are up to date and effective
• Take responsibility for own learning needs & objectives & those of your team. Work closely with colleagues to progress knowledge & skills base
Your skills will include:
• Graduate in a relevant subject and qualified to at least CIMA/ACCA Intermediate
• 3 years Finance experience
• Skills to manage a team
• Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
• Excellent numeracy & literacy skills
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.