Finance Project Manager
|Job Title:||Finance Project Manager|
|Salary:||£48000 - £60000|
|Start Date:||2019-06-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||June 24, 2019 20:23|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Project Manager to lead the integration of financial management for Centreplate into the Sodexo finance operating model.
The Finance Project Manager will have three direct reports and will be accountable for management accounting process, liaising with functional and operational teams, and responsible for strategic leadership of the function.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and LeisurePackage description
- £48,000 - £60,000 per annum
- 15% performance led bonus
- £1,300 flexible benefit package (incl. private medical)
- Management and leadership of a team of management accountants, an internal auditor and a processing “hub” responsible for payroll & invoice processing
- Responsible for accuracy of the P&L and balance sheet for the business area
- Review and approve GL balance sheet reconciliations for their business area
- Maintain accounting policies and support establishment of new policies where applicable
- To oversee the maintenance of the finance systems, in particular “Indicator” (site trading) and it’s interfaces to SAP.
- Responsibility for control of payroll upload for all Centerplate and HPL sites
- Oversee support for the production of budgets and forecasts
- Ensure direction for the internal auditor, to support an effective control environment for the business area
- Strive for continuous improvement through the development of current systems and implementation of procedures to increase efficiencies and improve controls
- Liaise with the central finance R2R teams to ensure standardisation of processes and procedures where possible
- Oversight of commentary and provision of value add to reporting
- Support internal and external audits as required
- Acting as the main link between the business and central finance and tax functions
- Act as the main point of contact for all key projects impacting the business area, including but not limited to “Drive” and “Workforce Management”
- Ensure visibility of roll-out plans for initiatives and tracking of benefits associated with these, including liaising with central teams and segment operational teams to ensure goal congruence
- High calibre, committed individual, with a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA). Qualified by experience will be considered.
- Resilient, determined and able to work flexibly and proactively
- A strong people manager with excellent leadership skills
- Competent at planning and able to manage short and medium-term deadlines and competing priorities
- Positive, professional and articulate
- Able to innovate to deliver sound information
- Possesses very good Excel skills and competent with PowerPoint and Word
- Experience of analysing information and quickly determining key issues of focus
- Able to work collaboratively and work in a structured way to deliver outcomes.
- Relationship building with colleagues from site level to Account Leads and with finance teams in the UK and other countries.
- Seeks win/win outcomes at all times
- Preferably knowledge of Financial Systems/ Tools including SAP, Hyperion & Indicator
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's