|Job Title:||Finance Officer|
|Salary:||£24771 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-06-13 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Anamaria Colceriu|
|Job Published:||June 13, 2019 14:30|
- To support the Finance business partners in delivering a high quality, proactive financial management and management information service to the budget holders and managers.
The purpose of the Finance Department is to:
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately and timeously.
- Ensure that income is maximised by receiving as early as possible, and that costs are controlled effectively
- Implement and report upon action taken to secure achievement of the University's financial sustainability strategies
- Ensure that reliable and meaningful management information is made available to users and stakeholders, including the University Court, senior management, University budget holders, and the Scottish Funding Council
- Ensure that adequate internal financial controls are in place and are operating effectively, to the satisfaction of internal and external auditors, the Audit Committee and the University Court.
- Ensure that appropriate support is provided for the effective management of research, knowledge exchange and commercial activities.
- Processing month end journals.
- Monitoring multiple e-mail inboxes.
- Weekly review of purchase invoice log.
- Daily import and updating of purchase invoice log.
- Prepare and issue monthly project reports.
- Support finance business partners.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and grade, together with other areas of work as may be requested by the Head of Finance from time to time.
- Experience of financial management processes.
- Three year experience in similar position.
- Experience in the analysis, preparation and control of both income and expenditure budgets.
- Experience of using financial accounting software for maintaining, entering and reporting complex financial data and transactions.
- Experience of interpreting, preparing and communicating financial reports to a variety of stakeholders, utilising a high level of competency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with a high level of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail particularly when working to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team but also independently with minimal supervision using own initiative.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels within the university and external organisations
- Enthusiastic, enabling and flexible approach to managing work priorities
- Financial qualification such as AAT or equivalent
- Experience of financial administration within a further or higher education institution.
Please apply online.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's