Finance Manager (BBO)
- Job Reference: 00021997-1
- Date Posted: 6 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Exeter, Devon
- Salary: £29,858 to £31,660
- Sector: Accounting, Banking & Financial Services, Insurance & Superannuation, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
Pluss CIC is a Community Interest Company that supports thousands of people each year to achieve a career and fulfil their true potential.
Positive People and Hopeful Families offers a lifeline to people who are not in work to help build confidence, skills and give a sense of hope for the future. The projects give people the opportunity to get involved in local communities, meet new people and have fun through a range of activities. Positive People and Hopeful Families are funded by The European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
We are currently seeking a talented individual to join our BBO team as a Finance Manager. You will manage and support the BBO finance team to deliver the financial requirements of the Positive People and Hopeful Families contracts.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum AAT qualification or be qualified by experience, have strong management accounting skills and be fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business. You will be an excellent planner and have strong leadership skills.
* To establish and maintain good working relationship with partnership managers, external partners and other key stakeholders supporting to them to meet the requirements of the contract.
* To provide inspirational leadership, to the BBO Finance team, through the coaching and development of individual members whilst driving collective accountability for the BBO Finance service and its objectives across the team.
* Accountable for the accurate and timely delivery of monthly/quarterly and annual BBO financial reporting, in line with BBO contract requirements.
* Lead for all audits on finance areas of BBO.
* Ensure Pluss Annex O’s are submitted on time. Design system to ensure all costs are being claimed and for the recovery of unclaimed costs. Monthly reconciliations.
* Supporting BBO budget managers, with monthly meetings and regular communications, to meet the requirements of the BBO contract.
* Undertake regular communication, including visits, to partners across the South West and North West of England to provide advice, support and training on all the financial elements of the contract including the preparation of BBO return and the continuous improvement of their financial procedures and policies./
Skills and Experience
* Experience of working with both finance and non-finance colleagues, both internally and externally 
* Strong IT skills, particularly Excel and Word 
* Experience of line management 
* Strong management accounting skills
* Maths GCSE grade C or above or equivalent experience 
* Minimum AAT Qualified or part qualified CCAB
* Previous experience of ESF Funding
* Maths or Accounting A level
Salary: £29,858 - £31,600 p.a. (dependent on experience)
Location: Exeter - Temp until 31/12/2021
Hours: 37 hrs per week 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday- Friday (Full Time)
Closing Date: 19 October 2020
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Skype
Benefits: 23 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Eye care scheme, Access to wide range of local and national discounts.
Pluss CIC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under” About us”.
Pluss CIC is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
*If you require assistance with your application or an alternative format please contact the recruitment team on (phone number removed)