|Salary||£48000 - £72000 per annum, Benefits: car allowance, private healthcare, bonus||Sector||Miscellaneous|
Besides supporting month end, you will be responsible for setting up HFM to perform the yearly budgeting round and the quarterly forecasting rounds. From an HFM point of view, you will be the main figurehead and the cheerleader for these processes. You will also have the gravitas to influence other stakeholders, thereby ensuring they meet their deadlines and make a positive contribution to the overall success of these processes.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- You will have experience in budgeting, reporting and forecasting as this plays a key role in these processes ensuring that the retrieve reports and upload templates provide a user-friendly experience in preparing the budgets, forecasts and reconciliations alongside being available to resolve queries in a prompt manner.
- You will lead on upload of FTE’s production volumes, elimination journals, OpCo recharges and make changes to the management report as required by the Group Reporting Team.
- Helping to prepare elements of external Group reporting at year end ad half year when this is required by the Financial Accounting Team.
- Having effective ownership of the HFM reporting and consolidation system including investigating, logging, resolving and documenting application and technical problems and leading the development of the system to fit our needs.
- You will help the Management Reporting Team with any enhancements or modifications needed in HFM to be able to report directly from the system with no manual adjustments and you will also be actively involved in many projects which further enhance and develop HFM as well as establish it as one true source of financial and non-financial information.
- It is essential that the successful candidate is a qualified accountant and has prior knowledge of HFM/Smartview.
- You will also have experience working with corporate IT systems and be proficient with Microsoft Excel including VBA Macros. This will ensure that user-friendly interfaces can be added to the SmartView reports and upload templates
- You will have the ability to liaise with all levels of the business with ease as building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders is essential alongside strong experience working in a team.
- Strong written and verbal skills is essential.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.