|Salary||£27000 - £32000||Sector||Professional & Admin|
Due to an expansion we have a great opportunity for a highly organised Finance Assistant with great attention to detail to join our team on our prestigious technology client’s HQ site. This job will suit you if you are well versed in financial transactions (month end, invoicing, payroll), have excellent communication skills and great abilities to manage your own workload, including multiple projects. AAT/CIMA qualification and/or fluency in Mandarin will earn you some serious brownie points.
- Implement and adhere to the company's or organisation's financial procedures and policies
- Create efficient and effective methods for tracking financial data
- Coordinate and execute financial transactions and activities, such as month end preparation, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Support clients procurement system (Quotation, Acceptance, E Buy & SCS)
- Assist in the audit process by providing information and data as requested
- Complete administrative tasks, such as filling out paperwork and filing records (Sharepoint)
- Take ownership of analysis for monthly invoicing and ad hoc reporting internally and to client
- Find solutions to discrepancies by working with other employees and correcting any erroneous information or calculations
- Proficient in Microsoft packages particularly Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential, excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive, working quickly and accurately under pressure whilst achieving deadlines
- Aptitude for numerical work and analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A structured but flexible manner of working with the ability to prioritise and manage your own workload
- A team player attitude with an individual sense of ownership
- Proven work experience as a finance assistant or similar role within finance
- Solid knowledge of financial systems and accounting procedures
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Spoken, written and reading of Mandarin would be advantageous but not essential
- AAT/CIMA student or equivalent qualification is desirable
- SAP experience is desirable
- Previous experience within the facilities management sector is desirable but not essential
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process