|Job Title:||Finance Assistant|
|Salary:||£27000 - £33000|
|Start Date:||2019-05-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Natalie Downey|
|Job Published:||May 08, 2019 12:22|
The aim of this role is to provide administrative support in delivering business objectives as defined by the relevant teams across DWP and wider segment. This role will own objectives as agreed in regular planning sessions – ownership defined as being responsible for the delivery of an objective, using the expertise of the wider team to provide content. You will manage projects and initiatives providing operational services to customers and clients across all aspects of the facilities management life-cycle whilst gaining exposure to and delivery of operational services in diverse customer facing environments.Package description
Competitive salary of £27,000 - £33,000 plus benefits including pension, option to 'buy' additional flexible benefits such as holidays, healthcare and also included is a company car
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbusterMain responsibilities
- Work with business and client stakeholders to ensure timely and detailed updates to actions, plans and objectives
- Produce management information relating to the progress of business objectives and business plans
- Maintain strict confidentiality on work undertaken
- Work on selected projects as and when required.
- Communicate with all clients, visitors, and company personnel in a professional and polite manner
- Support with co-ordination of third party relationships as required.
- Undertake other tasks as requested
- Competent with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Understanding of operational facilities management
- Ability to manage own time, and deliver objectives under direction
- Planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrate high level of communication skills
- Flexible approach
- Relationship building
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard and must possess O Level/ GCSE Maths and English Language.
- Looking to begin or have started a finance qualification
- Excellent typing skills. Intermediate knowledge of the following packages: MS Office; (Word, Power Point, Excel and Visio)
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to articulate self verbally and in writing, including taking and compilation of meeting minutes and actions.
- Demonstrates initiative and anticipates needs
- Self-starter and self-motivated with ability to prioritise and schedule work under conflicting pressures
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of discretion, tact and confidentiality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to multi-task
- Organised and methodical
- A can-do attitude and a sense of humour, calm and balance
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's