|Job Title:||Finance Administrator|
|Salary:||£10.00 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-07-05 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Suzanne Patel|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2019 15:00|
University is seeking an experienced Finance Administrator to support with student funding in their Student Services department at their West London campus.
This is a temporary role starting ASAP for an initial 2 to 3 month period and will pay £10.00 per hour.
The main focus of the Finance Administrator will be to administer funds for students. Duties include:
- To provide information, advice and guidance to students regarding funding (hardship), scholarships, taking into account their individual circumstances and the eligibility requirements of each scheme.
- To maintain accurate student records and files for the Hardship funds and scholarship programmes, including inputting data and scanning on to the Student Records System (currently UNIT-e system) and the scholarships database, and to run reports where required.
- To proactively assist with the marketing of UWL funding and scholarship scheme by contributing to the writing and production of leaflets and application forms, by updating the University website, and by providing an informative service to potential students and parents during open days and at general recruitment and enrolment events..
- To provide an excellent customer service to students at all times; assisting with face-to-face queries at the Student Services front desk; answering telephone calls and responding to all emails in a timely manner.
- Numerate. Previous experience undertaking financial assessments and allocating money is desirable.
- Good IT skills, with excellent knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written.
- Previous administration experience within an office environment
- Experience of working in Higher Education is desirable.
- Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail.
- Excellent Customer services skills with proven ability to be helpful, patient and have empathy
- Basic understanding of statutory funding available to students including: Student Loans Company, NHS student funding and Skills Funding Agency
- Understanding of cross-cultural awareness, working with a diverse community
- Knowledge of GDPR
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's