Field Services Engineer
- Job Reference: 00003239-1
- Date Posted: 13 March 2020
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
Based at our Boscombe Down site the Field Service Engineer is the face of IT to our colleagues and customers in the South region. You will be involved with supporting and maintaining our vast IT infrastructure across the QinetiQ estate providing infrastructure support, installations and break/fix solutions. From laptops to servers, CCTV cameras to wireless access points, if it’s on the network it’s within your remit.
You’ll need to be a team player with experience of Windows operating systems, hardware and peripherals as well as the common systems, infrastructure and topologies that connect these devices across our network.
The Senior Field Service Engineer is responsible for:
• Conducting site surveys for data, audio visual and network installations, capturing customer requirements and providing a solution; seeing the job through from conception to completion
• Assisting with installations where required
• Ensuring installations meet the requirements of JSP 604 and British Standards as well as internal best practice
• Engaging with other teams within IT and the wider business to ensure compliance to company and industry standards, identifying issues at an early stage and escalating where required
• Providing 2nd and 3rd line desktop & infrastructure support, including troubleshooting basic hardware and standard software operating system issues and problems
• Managing the company's response to escalated incidents and investigate remedial action and any preventative maintenance requirements regarding future occurrences
• Providing supervisory services to more junior colleagues
• Ensuring health & safety of yourself and others
• Supporting site data and audio visual installations, moves and changes (MACs), installation and support of network, fixed and mobile telephony equipment.
• Supporting Audio Video (AV) and Video Conferencing (VC) facilities
Essential Skills and Behaviours:
• Proficiency in installing, upgrading, building, repairing, configuring, troubleshooting, diagnosing and preventative maintenance of IT hardware and infrastructure
• Sound knowledge and understanding of LANs, WANs, WLANs and networking topologies & configurations
• Knowledge and understanding of structured cabling, copper & fibre cabling systems and VoIP & analogue telephones
• Proficiency in desktop support of Client Operating Systems, primarily Windows 10, office 365, as well as key desktop applications such as Microsoft’s Office suite.
• Strong customer service ethos
• Can do attitude
• Commitment to set, achieve and maintain a high quality service.
• Problem ownership Ability to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
• Willing to keep up-to-date and build upon skill and knowledge base
• Takes responsibility for own development and actively pursues learning and development opportunities
- CNCI (Certified Network Cable Installer)
- ITIL Foundation (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
• SC security cleared
• Full UK driving licence
• Willingness to travel to other sites within the UK as required