|Salary||£23000 - £28000 per annum||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial, Engineering|
Our client are a national supplier of wheelchair accessible vehicles based in Wednesbury who are currently looking for a Field Service Engineer (covering the North of the UK) to join their Aftersales team.
You will be required to provide field support including troubleshooting, maintenance, firmware upgrades and standard servicing of access control systems across a range of vehicle models. The Role will require 3 – 4 nights out a week depending on customer demand (week days only).
You will work closely with the Aftersales team to escalate and resolve difficult technical issues. Regular travel should be expected, repairing faults and undertaking annual servicing, whilst using best practice methods and adhering to health and safety regulations and procedures at all times. You must hold a valid UK driving licence.
You will have a number of years' experience and/or qualifications within a vehicle maintenance, mechanical, electrical or engineering environment and be technically minded. You will be visiting customers in their home to fault find, problem solve and carry out servicing on our bespoke wheelchair accessible vehicles and as such, outstanding customer service skills are a pre-requisite.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:-
• Serve as customer facing technical resource and work in collaboration with office staff and other field based engineers as needed to provide effective end user support to resolve customer faults;
• To visit customers and inspect their vehicles, identifying and reporting on any areas that require attention including the base vehicle, bespoke access systems and adaptations that are fitted;
• Identification of faults and resolutions for the customer – independently diagnosing and repairing equipment accordingly;
• Actively pursue cost avoidance and reductions by reducing the number of vehicle required to return to the workshop for repair;
• Document all field and troubleshooting work maintaining accurate site records and documenting issues in the appropriate systems;
• Perform any necessary firmware upgrades to vehicle control systems (training will be given);
• Perform failure analysis of field returns to determine root cause and corrective action;
• Educate customers on basic equipment operation, response, and maintenance;
• Influence product design based on customer feedback and real world experience.
Qualifications and experience: -
• Minimum GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths (A Level preferred);
• Must have strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills with the ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings in relation to physical systems;
• Ability to interface well with team members in a cross functional environment;
• Able to work alone and prioritise and manage workload in conjunction with office based team;
• Must be able to perform duties with general direction, receiving only general guidance with respect to some overall customer visits.
What you will receive:-
• Salary £23000 - £27,000 dependent on experience and you will typically be working a 40/45 hour week;
• Company van;
• Fully expensed travel;
• Evening meal budget;
• Overnight stop-out bonus;
• Company laptop and mobile phone.
Please click apply to submit your details or send your CV directly to email@example.com