|Location||West Midlands||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£35000 - £38000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
Specialist Port Equipment and Materials Handling Machinery
Ideally based is one of the following areas;
West Midlands, Hampshire, Yorkshire or Lincolnshire
We are looking for an experienced home-based Electrical / Mechanical Engineer to join the existing Field Service Team, who are involved in the repair, maintenance and servicing of a range of specialist port based lifting equipment and machinery, including cranes, hoists and materials handling solutions.
Travel is a major part of this particular role, it's certainly not your regular 9am-5pm position and as such staying away from home several nights per week is to be expected, with the possibility of supporting customers and colleagues overseas from time to time also, so a flexible can-do attitude towards work is definitely required.
• Service, repair, installation, commissioning, inspection, and testing of specialist port based lifting equipment
• The provision of professional services for the businesses niche and innovative product range
• On-call response in accordance with the appropriate published roster as agreed
• Ensure Company policies and procedures are adhered to as defined in the Integrated Management Systems documentation and statutory requirements.
• Timely completion of activity reporting documentation i.e. time sheets and expense reports.
• Accurate and descriptive problem reporting.
• Completion of inspection and examination documentation as appropriate.
• Other reasonable activities as requested by the Sales & Service Director & Divisional Service Operations Manager.
• Work within the requirements of the Road maps for health, safety and the environment.
Health, Safety and Environment:
• Adhere to all Company Policies, Work Instructions and Road Maps.
• Follow the guidelines for "Job Pause", implementing them whenever an uncontrolled risk is identified.
• Report all Accidents/Incidents and Near Miss situations immediately.
• Actively participate in team meetings and participate in solving problems.
• Support Team Members with improvements, suggestions or safer working practices.
What we are looking for in you:
• Be accurate and pays attention to detail.
• Be organised and self-motivated person.
• Computer Literate
• ONC in electrical and/or mechanical engineering.
• Proven competency to install, inspect, and maintain lifting equipment in accordance with relevant operating/installation instructions and the requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
• Proven track record performing preventive maintenance and repairs to machinery.
Benefits & Package:
• OTE: £48,000-£55,000 per annum (Inclusive of excellent basic + overtime, travel and call out)
• Contributory pension scheme
• Bonus scheme
• Life assurance scheme
• Company vehicle
• Corporate uniform and PPE provided
• Industry specific, market leading training and on-going personal development