Field Service Engineer
|Job Title:||Field Service Engineer|
|Salary:||£32000 - £34000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Alex Verdon|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2019 14:41|
1. Routine maintenance of mobile generation equipment and associated equipment in field and yard.
2. Emergency breakdowns, installations and de-installations in and out of hours.
3. Maximising generator availability for hire.
4. Completing all activities within the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental System requirements as defined in the Quality Procedure and Work Instructions.
* Ensure all assets leaving for sites are inspected and in good working condition, within service parameters and well presented.
* Fault diagnosis of generator and related ancillary equipment.
* Forward planning of the assigned work/projects.
* Where required, over checking work to ensure that colleagues, operatives, apprentices and assistants carry out all works to required standards.
* Ensure spares or materials lists are compiled in good time for assigned work.
* Carrying out site visits as and when requested by Line Manager/Service Administrator.
* Carry out on-call responsibilities on the allocated rota basis.
* Complete all paperwork such as service reports, installation reports, time sheets and expense claims in a timely and accurate manner.
* Working on single and three phase generation equipment, ensuring that safety is a priority at all times.
* Understanding and working to manufacturer's recommendations and technical specifications.
* Responsibility for the availability of equipment post service and repair.
* Fault finding and replacement of ancillary equipment and engine service to ensure service excellence and "first fix" wherever possible.
Skills and Qualifications Required;
* Time Served from a Nationally recognised apprenticeship in Electrical or Mechanical discipline, Time served Practical, engineering skills Proven ability and aptitude as Mechanical or Electrical technician/engineer able to carry out service work without supervision in the most efficient and economical manner
* Ability to demonstrate electrical or mechanical aptitude with proven track record of application of electrical or mechanical principles
* Previous experience in a service environment working on various generator equipment and ancillary equipment
* Able to demonstrate good written and oral communication skills including report writing
* Customer service delivery focused
* Good numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail
* Good problem solving skills
* Methodical and flexible approach
* Ability to use own initiative
* Able to work both in a team and individually in and out of normal working hours.
* Ability to drive counter balance Fork lift truck.
*Ability to multi-task.
* Clean / full driving licence.
* Competent in Microsoft Office, e-mail and internet
* Essential Qualifications: City & Guilds City & Guilds Tech Part 2, BTEC ONC, NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent. Where an operative can, subject to confirmation, demonstrate exceptional practical site supervisory skills and demonstrates the abilities necessary, the formal qualifications set out above may be varied
* Have an understanding of continuous improvement strategies and activities; understand the need to promote a safe environment, having a understanding of housekeeping and the need to work in an organised and process driven environment.
* Be flexible and have a positive attitude to varied work and working environments in/out of normal working hours.
For further information, please apply online, or contact Alex Verdon on / 01793 317850
Omega resource group are acting as the employment agent for this position. Please visit our website for more vacancies.
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Field service engineer
£35000 - £45000 per annum
Field Service Engineer
£35000 - £40000 per annum
Field Service Engineer - Norfolk
£25000 - £26000 per annum
Field Service Engineer South London
£28000 - £28500 per annum
£28000 - £35000 per annum