Apprenticeship Assessor (Electronics)Location:
South, occasional travel to ScotlandCompensation:
Attractive SalaryRole Type:
Full time / PermanentRole ID:
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Electronics Apprenticeship Assessor covering the South, with some travel to Scotland. The role
Babcock manages all aspects of the land training cycle, delivering over 758,000 training days annually for the British Army and producing personnel that are knowledgeable, skilled, and competent to operate in the most challenging circumstances.
As an Apprenticeship Assessor, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Day to day you'll assess, monitor, and sample learner output in order to prove competency for the Electronics Engineering Diploma and BTEC.
Essential experience of the Apprenticeship Assessor,
- Conduct learner reviews to monitor progress and provide feedback to ensure successful completion of qualifications.
- Review training objectives, mentoring, assessing, and verifying functional skills and vocational programmes with learners within contractual agreements.
- Undertake 'Mapping' of the Diplomas where necessary to ensure currency and validity is satisfied for audit standard.
- To instruct, monitor, assess, verify, and invigilate tests and apprentice work at level 2 & 3.
- Assist in sampling and monitoring instructors, in the delivery and assessment of technical/practical qualifications within the defence college.
- Experienced within an Electronics engineering environment.
- Stakeholder management at various levels.
- Experience in assessing Diploma/BTEC qualifications is desirable.
This role is 37 hours per week involves frequent travelling covering the South of England, and occasional travel to Scotland (averaging every 6-8 weeks). You will be given a company car for travel.Qualifications for the Apprenticeship Assessor,
- Industry related qualifications (diplomas, BTEC's at minimum level 3)
- CAVA or equivalent is advantageous but not essential
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC level of security clearance level for this role.Our Benefits
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pagesBabcock International For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.#LI-CA1Job Segment:
Electronics Engineer, Electrical, Electronics, CSR, Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Management