|Salary||£28000 - £35000 per annum||Sector||Engineering|
Our Field engineers are responsible for providing customer facing field activities to support the delivery of new mains and services, plus new connections on to our waste network.
Acting as the company face of Thames Water you will be expected to be providing excellent customer service to our customers and external contractors.
We have several opportunities covering London and the South East.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Carry out field surveys for new connections and mains in accordance with KPI’s, ensuring that accurate and sufficient detailed information is supplied to allow designs to be created with zero variations.
- Attend sites to carry out water regulations inspections, to ensure that they are meeting the water regulations standards.
- Arrange and attend site meetings and assist with the delivery of connections, traffic management meetings, mains shuts, the monitoring and reporting of contractor activity, meter investigations, rectifications and council liaising.
- Attend meetings with our customers to rectify any issues and act as lynch pin between different Thames departments to ensure great customer service.
- Carry out site inspections of Section 104 Sewer Adoptions, Building Over and new sewer connections work, providing accurate and timely reports to the office.
- Meet with contractor gangs and carry out Health and Safety audits in the field and promote Health and Safety at all opportunities.
- This is a field-based role which requires engineers to be within the Thames Valley area and travel to any depot or office in the region as necessary.
- We are ideally looking for someone with traffic management, water regulations, knowledge of main laying and water networks experience.
- Relevant technical qualifications are highly advantageous but not essential.
- A working knowledge of the clean and waste water network would be desirable, particularly Health & Safety and Streetworks standards.
- You will have a knowledge of NRSWA / TMA and pipe-laying/pipeline construction or some background in the plumbing industry ideally.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- As this is a field-based role a valid driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel to multiple locations
This is a hands-on role covering a wide and varied number of activities on both our clean and waste networks. You will be required to visit home owners and developers’ sites ensuring our customers are complying to Thames Waters requirements. Also ensuring first class service and manage the customer experience expected from a company like Thames Water.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.