|Job Title:||Facilities Officer|
|Salary:||£25000 - £27000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-02-05 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Michelle Sayers|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2019 09:54|
£25,000-£27,000(Salary Negotiable) Plus Bonus
A modern, dynamic property company situated close to the city are looking to recruit an experienced Facilities Officer/Technician to join their fast moving and busy team
You will work closely with the Property Management/Facilities Management team in promoting good customer relationships, providing a positive experience within the building and minimising disruption to our customer's business operation
- Assist in ensuring sites are maintained in a clean, tidy and good decorative / operational order.
- You need to be hands on, when undertaking general maintenance duties, decorative tasks and first-fix repairs to fixtures/fittings and building services.
- Carry out regular (daily and weekly) health & safety and compliance checks to ensure the centers provide a safe environment for all building users. Any item requiring remedial action to be escalated to the FM.
- You will work with the companies electronic maintenance management systems to ensure all required audit trails and records are maintained. Ensure reactive jobs requiring escalation are recorded.
- Assist with supervising contractors on site where required. This will include site inductions and toolbox talks to ensure the work areas are safe and protected prior to commencement and are clean upon completion.
- Provide a proactive approach in identifying issues or tasks to the FM that require resolution before they escalate.
- Support the security strategy and installation within the Centres - regularly checking internal and external doors are secure and where installed access control is operational.
- Contribute to business waste and recycling objectives by regularly monitoring and managing waste areas and providing feedback to the FM as required.
- Provide cover or support to other Property Centres or Clusters as may reasonably be required by the FM.
- Monitor and assist with keeping the common parts and landlord demise areas in good repair, décor, clear of obstructions and free of litter.
- Carry out first fix repairs where possible and if required providing additional information to the FM so the correct contractor can be instructed to make the appropriate repair and minimise disruption to our Customers.
- Work with the FM and Centre teams to keep the building in good decorative order and to undertake painting and decoration works as required.
- You will work with the Facilities team's electronic maintenance management software, responding to, escalating, recording and completing planned and reactive maintenance tasks in accordance withthe completion date assigned by the FM
- Liaise with the FM on visits by service contractors, i.e. general maintenance, lifts, fire, security etc. and in the absence of the FM keeping the Centre team informed.
- Assist in site inductions/ toolbox talks with contractors to ensure they follow our 'Guidance for Contractors' guidelines. Ensuring any works will not disrupt the day-to-day operation of our Customers and providing feedback to the FM on the performance of these contractors.
- Gain a good understanding of the services within the buildings, e.g. boilers, heating, drainage and electrical infrastructure etc. to enhance resolving minor issues in a timely manner.
- As instructed by the FM and in tandem with any outsourced cleaning contractor or landscaping provider, ensuring the exterior of the building, car park, and garden areas are kept free of rubbish, graffiti and weeds.
- Health, Safety & Compliance:
- Assist with, and carry out where necessary, the Health & Safety Management strategy for sites including daily internal and external building checks to ensure the site is safe, clean, secure and fit for normal use.
- Carry out the weekly safety and operation checks for items such as lift auto-diallers, panic alarms and for areas such as roof space, plant rooms, riser cupboards etc.
- Assist with the Fire Safety Management strategy for Centres including weekly Fire Bell Tests and checks on fire doors and sprinkler systems. Additionally, undertaking monthly emergency light checks and supporting with 6 monthly fire evacuation drills.
- Meet the companies compliance with HSE Guidance (ACOP L8), to carry out weekly flushing of water outlets and month water temperature checks.
To act in a pro-active, 'can-do' manner in conjunction with both the Centre & FM teams Management to deliver safe, secure, compliant and clean Centre's minimising disruption to our customers.
Engage with business waste and recycling targets, including daily checks on waste areas and reporting to the FM on volumes, segregation, customer misuse etc
Ensure all tools and equipment are properly maintained, used according to manufacturer's instructions and that all safety instructions /regulations are followed whilst using said equipment.
Carry out monthly utility meter readings and enter onto a central database.
Key Skills Requirements/Qualifications:
Self-motivated with initiative.
Relevant experience and knowledge of building maintenance.
Ability to maintain good cleaning and maintenance standards.
Have a basic understanding of IT equipment. The FM Technician will be required to use software and smartphone applications
Good inter-personal skills with a teamwork approach.
Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and procedures and qualified to IOSH Working Safely standards .
To maintain regular contact with the Facilities Manager when working alone and keep the relevant site teams informed of works, repairs, contractors etc. that are occurring on site.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's