Facilities Matron (Healthcare)
|Job Title:||Facilities Matron (Healthcare)|
|Salary:||Up to ??55,000 depending on experience|
|Start Date:||2019-05-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katie Shaw|
|Job Published:||May 03, 2019 15:28|
Sodexo are looking for an enthusiastic nursing professional to join the team as a Facilities Matron at the Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury. This role is key to developing the existing partnership relationship between the clinical teams and Sodexo managers, team leaders and supervisors.
We are pleased to offer this opportunity and are looking for an individual who is committed and passionate about the environment of care, cleanliness and patient dining. The successful candidate will be adept at identifying potential problems and finding solutions; relating to the patient environment, nutrition and hydration and the personalised patient experience of the environment and patient dining. This offers an exciting opportunity to positively impact upon patient experience aligned to the environment of care.
Reporting to the Sodexo Contract Director you will work as part of the Sodexo management and operational teams and in partnership with senior nurses across the Trust.
Examples of key job roles are highlighted below. This list is not intended to be exhaustive. Clear KPI’s will be established between the Sodexo Site Director.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
Global grade H2 - access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts, flexible benefit fund, bonus potential and pension schemeMain responsibilities
Patient Environment activities
- Provide nursing advice in terms of working within clinical areas to review standards and identify areas for improvement to ensure the delivery of high standards of patient experience specifically related to the cleanliness & condition of the patient environment.
- Liaise with all support services and departments to ensure they and the organisational cultures are meeting the patient environment experience needs of patients in the clinical areas. Facilitate and negotiate improvements, change and new ways of working where necessary to support new care delivery processes.
- Work collaboratively with clinical teams to ensure all standards of cleanliness are agreed with Team Leaders/Sister’s/Charge Nurses in line with the contract. Encourage and support Team Leaders/Sister’s/Charge nurses to monitor, challenge individuals as appropriate when standards of environmental cleanliness are not achieved or maintained.
Patient dining activities
- Provide nursing advice in terms of working within clinical areas to review standards and identify areas for improvement to ensure the delivery of high standards of patient experience specifically related to nutrition, hydration and the personalised dining experience.
- Work with and support Team Leaders/Sister’s/Charge Nurses to implement improved food and hydration delivery methodology improving the dining experience. Ensure action is taken when standards of quality, quantity, choice, timeliness and protections are not being met.
- Liaise with all support services and departments to ensure they and the organisational cultures are meeting the nutrition, hydration and dining experience needs of patients in the clinical areas. Facilitate and negotiate improvements, change and new ways of working where necessary to support new care delivery processes.
- Act in accordance to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Have a responsibility to ensure all information processed for patients and staff is kept confidential, accurate and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and Caldecott Policy.
- Work in close collaboration with Patient’s Representative Department, PALs and Team Leaders/Sisters/Charge Nurses to ensure a robust patient advocacy and liaison service providing negotiation, mediation and advocacy for patients and their families within area of responsibility.
- Contribute to and promote a culture that values all staff recognising and acknowledging achievement and success whilst positively addressing poor performance.
- Demonstrate effective leadership, setting, monitoring and maintaining professional standards, working collaborative, manage complaints and lead the nursing contribution for clinical governance in relation to facilities on behalf of the Trust and in partnership with Sodexo
- First Level nursing registration, Graduate – health related studies plus a teaching qualification
- Proven experience in a senior clinical position
- Experience of successfully managing the implementation of change
- Evidence of professional leadership, leading to innovation in practice
- Line management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced in complaints management
- Experience of identifying education and training needs of staff utilising Service Level Agreements
- Ability to make calm rational decisions in the face of adversity
- Management qualification, relevant Master’s degree and qualified in speciality
- Experience in R&D
- Strong analytical skills and ability to consider the wider picture
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Doctors Wanted to Work in Australia!
£1 per hour
Chronic Disease Nurse
£43,772.81 per annum
Substance Misuse Nurse
£34,196.34 per annum + benefits
Registered General Nurse (RGN)
£34,196.34 per annum + benefits
Substance Misuse Nurse
£34,490.65 + London weighting (£287.75 per month) + benefits