|Job Title:||Facilities Manager|
|Salary:||£32866 - £38527 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-02-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Suzanne Patel|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2019 17:15|
The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the management of all mechanical, electrical
including AV, fabrication and public health assets at the charity headquarters. The Facilities Manager will also be responsible for statutory compliance in relation to all building assets and maintenance operations and line management of the building services operatives. The main duties of the Facilities Manager will include:
- Contractor management ensuring all visits are properly supervised and that all works are inspected prior signing off.
- Issuing work permits ensuring all works of sufficient risk have been assessed and method statements are adhered too.
- Complete weekly inspections ensuring all applicable assets are in a good working condition.
- Assist in ad-hoc temporary remedial works as required to prevent excessive resultant damages.
- Scheduling of planned preventive maintenance regimes and appraisal of planned maintenance completed.
- First point of contact for all hard building asset faults providing solutions to ensure continuation of services.
- Workstream leader for the National M&E contractor and provide expert technical advice to the Area Facilities Managers as required.
- Responsible for all remedial/asset modifications and changes required to suit the organisational and/or legislative requirements.
- Become the "responsible person" in compliancy to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order. E.g. ensure planned evacuations are completed, fire risk actions are completed, act as the emergency response team leader in an emergency situation.
- Develop building policies and implement best practices with respect to energy management.
- Ensure full compliance with all facilities related statutory requirements such as PAT testing, water testing, pressure vessel testing, emergency lighting etc. Further ensure proper records are being retained to demonstrate compliance.
- Provide overall guidance for Health and Safety for the site. Liaise with H&S Manager for the Society where necessary. Ensure proper documentation is always available.
- Manage the building maintenance programme to ensure structure, external and internal fabric of the building is maintained to a high standard.
- Provide technical and specialist advice when required.
The ideal Facilities Manager will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience delivering customer focused management in a similar Facilities role
- HND in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience or background as to possess an excellent technical knowledge.
- Leadership abilities and experience managing, developing and motivating staff
- Strong contractor/people management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing across all levels and with external parties.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure with conflicting priorities and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive approach and skill in creative problem solving
- Ability to understand a wide range of stakeholder needs and adapt approach where necessary.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to enforce adherence to rules and standards
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£25000 - £30000 per annum
£10.14 per hour
£11 per hour
Circa £35k + benefits
£48000 - £55000 per annum, Benefits: Car/allowance, holiday, pension,health care, life insurance, bonus etc