- Job Reference: 00023361-1
- Date Posted: 15 October 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Upminster, London
- Salary: £23,000 to £27,000
- Sector: Community & Sport, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Contract Type: Permanent - Full-time 37.5 hours a week.
Location: Thames Chase Trust, Pike Lane, Upminster RM14 3NS
Hours: Normal business plus some out of hours to support events
The Thames Chase Community Forest covers 40 square miles of countryside around the London/Essex borders and encompasses countryside in Barking and Dagenham, Brentwood, Havering, Thurrock and Essex. Within its boundaries there has been a concerted effort, and success, over the last 30 years to re-generate despoiled landscape and enhance the natural environment for the benefit of local people and wildlife.
The Thames Chase Trust aims to make the Thames Chase Community Forest an inspirational example of landscape regeneration through cost effective environmental improvements that change lives and that demonstrates the values outlined in the Thames Chase Plan through exemplar community led management of the Forest and in the Thames Chase Forest Centre.
The Role - To enable the Trust to offer a memorable visitor experience, we are seeking to appoint a Facilities Coordinator. Based at the at the Thames Chase Trust’s Broadfield’s site, the post holder will be responsible for all aspects of the facilities which includes the, visitor centre, adjoining buildings and immediate grounds. The three key areas of the role are:
1. Maintenance, facilities support and repair – Practical delivery on a reactive and planned basis.
2. Compliance - Responsible for all compliance aspects including Health and Safety, Covid-19 related and security of the site.
3. Planning, Budgetary and Influence – Manage allocated budget, map out and share longer term plans.
The post holder will need to be able to deliver both practical and administrative aspects.
Experience of carrying out and managing facilities tasks related to buildings and garden facilities.
Relevant training and/or qualifications are desirable.
To apply, email a CV and covering letter to Mary Wright