|Job Title:||Facilities Assistant|
|Salary:||£10.55 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-07-24 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Anamaria Colceriu|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 14:15|
PVG Required or Basic Disclosure
Must be able to drive
To provide a range of front line caretaking, porterage and minor maintenance services throughout the buildings and grounds and contribute to a high quality and responsive service.
- The post holder is responsible for the security and safety of buildings.
- The post holder is responsible for the repair / maintenance of equipment.
Health & Safety
The post holder has a duty of care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions.
- Undertake a wide range of caretaking duties.
- Participate in maintaining physical security of College buildings and contents including security rota and cover at reception when required i.e. early mornings.
- Undertake regular accommodation inspections.
- Undertake various minor maintenance duties within the scope of the post, in respect of buildings and grounds.
- Carry out prescribed procedures in event of fire, flood, break-ins or damage to property.
- Respond to panic alarms
- Replacement of lamps, tubes etc.
- Moving of furniture, fittings etc.
- Sorting and delivery of mail and print and parcels throughout buildings.
- Clearing of snow & gritting of paths as required.
- Keeping the site free from litter and debris including edges of roadways and carparks.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Participate in overtime working as required.
- Assist in enforcing college rules and regulations. Provide support, as required, at our other campus sites.
- Responsible to Team Leaders.
- Work with and assist other members of Estates team.
- All College staff.
- Members of public.
Decision Making Authority
- Ensure buildings are secure.
- Deal with emergency situations as required.
Key Performance Indicators
- Duties are undertaken on time with a positive manner.
- Minor maintenance jobs are identified, logged
No formal qualifications are required although trade background desirable
- Good knowledge and practical experience of caretaking / porterage / minor maintenance preferably in educational environment.
- Good understanding of quality improvement.
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements.
- Basic PC skills – desirable.
Experience in a similar type post.
Communicate verbally in a polite and mannerable way with College staff, students and members of public.
- Be positive, flexible, adaptable, friendly, diplomatic and proactive in activities.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be enthusiastic and focused on providing a good customer service.
- Must be a good team player.
Please apply online
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's