|Job Title:||Facilities Assistant|
|Salary:||£11 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-07-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Imran Makda|
|Job Published:||June 20, 2019 19:03|
Duration: 6-8 weeks Temporary, the ideal candidate will be considered on a permanent basis.
Pay Rate: £11 per hour
Hours: 40 hour week, Monday -Friday
Shift Patterns: Mostly 7am-4pm with 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm needed (depending on cover needs)
Location: Birdcage Walk, central London
Undertake a wide range of general duties around the building, including the provision of porterage, maintenance and security to employees and tenants. The role is also responsible for the opening and closing of the building which is conducted on a rota basis.
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are prepared for use in accordance with the requirements and standards of the Institution.
- Provide a first line maintenance service to the building.
- Ensure that both the internal and external appearance of the building is maintained to the Institution's standard.
- Knowledge of Facilities management
- Ensure that all defects to equipment, services (including lighting, heating, water supplies, drainage) or buildings are reported and repaired promptly.
- Experience from a similar role including meeting room set up understanding and procedures
- Experience of basic maintenance in particular: Carpentry, electrical, plumbing and repair of minor defects
- Experience of working in customer-focused environment and the ability to be tactful and persuasive, particularly when dealing with customers from all walks of life.
- Able to work outside normal working hours and participate in the out of hours on call rota, with occasional weekend work.
- Takes responsibility for his/her own self-development and for identifying any additional training needs along with areas of improvements
- Willing to work towards a First Aid certificate (training will be provided).
Key skills and attributes:
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team on a shift system.
- Organised, able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Flexible collaborative team worker.
- Ability to work unsupervised with initiative
Please note that we have a strict deadline of Monday 24th June 2019 10.00am.
Interviews will take place on the morning of Thursday 27th June
The successful candidate will start on 2nd July 2019
We are working to tight deadlines on this position, if think you are the ideal candidate please submit your CV as we looking forward to hearing from you!!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's