|Job Title:||Facilities Assistant|
|Salary:||£10.5 - £11 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-06-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Suzanne Patel|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2019 17:16|
This is a temporary position to start ASAP for an initial 4 to 6 week period and will pay up to £11.00 per hour.
The Facilities Assistant will undertake a wide range of general duties around the building, including the provision of porterage, maintenance and security to employees and tenants. The role is also responsible for the opening and closing of the building. Duties include:
- Provide excellent customer service to all visitors, employees and tenants.
- Ensure that all meeting rooms are prepared for use in accordance with the requirements and standards of the Institution.
- Provide a first line maintenance service to the building. Ensure that both the internal and external appearance of the building is maintained.
- Ensure that all defects to equipment, services (including lighting, heating, water supplies, drainage) or buildings are reported and repaired promptly.
- Undertake the movement of furniture, deliveries, stores and equipment as required.
- Ensure that the building is both opened and closed at the times required.
- Ensure that all fire, health and safety regulations and general emergency procedures are observed by employees and sub-contractors.
- Carry out the weekly fire alarm test and act as a fire warden.
- Provide day to day security of the building, and when required, ensuring that visitors, i.e. sub-contractors are escorted and supervised.
- Ensure the clearance of all rubbish, internally and externally as required.
- Experience in a similar facilities role, including meeting room set up and procedure.
- Experience of basic carpentry, electrical and plumbing and repair of minor defects.
- Experience of working in customer-focused environment and the ability to be tactful and persuasive, particularly when dealing with customers.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible with working hours.
- Organised, able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Flexible collaborative team worker.
- Ability to work unsupervised with initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes, Word, Excel, Outlook.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's