- Job Reference: 00006710-1
- Date Posted: 13 May 2020
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
Building Fabric Operative
Salisbury, SP4 0JF
At QinetiQ we are recruiting for a Building Fabric Operative to join a team of multi-skilled Engineers working at MoD Boscombe Down to carry out varied building maintenance support. Performing both planned and reactive maintenance work you will be responsible for the upkeep of military buildings and facilities. We require a vast bend of engineering, general maintenance and plumbing skill and experience and importantly a proactive and committed attitude.
• Provide maintenance support (including installations; planned, preventive & corrective maintenance) in relation to site services, plant / equipment & buildings.
• Deliver specialist building fabric / systems support & services in line with competencies
• Ensure robust application of health, safety & environmental procedures & processes
• Ensure maintenance standards and quality of work delivered are to the required level
• Oversee the conduct of contractors on site; monitoring the implementation & performance of tasks allocated
• Identify & ensure all key assets are available and appropriately maintained; making recommendations on improvements
• Form part of the on call rota within the Maintenance Team where required
• NVQ/C&G in Engineering / Plumbing or related sector
• Previous experience in a similar building maintenance role, ideally within an MoD/Public Sector/Commercial environment with demonstrated longevity and commitment of employment
• Strong fault finding skills and ability to work flexibly in order to react to a range of issues/tasks that could occur on site
• Able and willing to go through UK Security Check process
• Full Driving Licence
In Return we’re offering:
• Full-Time, Permanent Position
• Monday - Thursday 08:30 - 16:30 / Friday 08:30 - 16:00
• Company provided tools, uniform, PPE and training
• Pension - Up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
• Share Incentive Plan
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• Multiple health, leisure, childcare, medical and retail discounts, social and family events
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We are a company of over 6,000 people dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position please click apply and we will be in contact.
Apply at https://www.qinetiq.com/Careers