Extruder / Machine Operative
- Job Reference: 00027377-1
- Date Posted: 14 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Thirsk, Yorkshire
- Salary: £9.00 to £10.70 Per Hour
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations, Mining / Oil / Gas, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
My Client is well established, industry leading agricultural nutrition company. Based near Thirsk, they have seen year on year success, with further growth plans for 2020/21. The offer a range of products which are supplied across the UK and Europe. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Extruder / Machine Operator to join their team on a Temporary to Permanent basis.
This opportunity gives you the chance to work with one of the most respected companies in North Yorkshire. They offer not only an excellent package, but more importantly in todays world, job security having stayed open during Covid-19 and actually seeing their business grow.
The role will be to cover a 3-shift pattern 5am – 3:30pm / 10am-8:30pm / 4pm-2:30am Monday to Friday
Your primary responsibility is to produce animal feed, following strict guidelines to make sure the product is safe.
* Running the full fat soya extruder on a daily basis.
* Efficient reporting of any mechanical, feed safety or health and safety issues on site.
* Operate the manufacturing equipment safely and as efficiently as possible.
* Following SOPs to receive materials and load feed materials in a safe and efficient manner.
* Follow SOPs to manufacture extruded full fat soya to the highest quality and to ensure feed safety standards are followed at all times.
* Ensure all required records are kept accurate and up to date.
* Determine distribution for manufactured feeds to appropriate holding bins.
* Assist with equipment maintenance as needed.
* Cleaning on a daily basis.
* Adhere to all health & safety policies.
* To undertake additional training as required.
* Effectively communicate and liaise with managers and co-workers.
* Perform general work around the facility and other duties as assigned.
* Must have experience of working in a manufacturing capacity
* Experience within an agricultural feed mill (Desirable)
* Excellent communication
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to follow a process
* Experience of working with machinery (full training will be given)
* Physically able to lift up to 20kg
* Flexibility with regards to shifts and over-time