Exams & Assessment Coordinator
|Job Title:||Exams & Assessment Coordinator|
|Salary:||£10.86 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Claire Beedon|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2019 17:00|
To co-ordinate the administration of assessment within the Programme Support Office.
• Providing administrative support for Examination Boards. Chasing and co-ordinating the entry of all assessment marks, assisting with the preparation and checking of Examination Board reports and helping to ensure that Examination Boards are set up and run smoothly
• Assisting with the processing of results post Examination Boards. Assisting with the progression of students on the student record system, and the production checking and release of results transcripts.
• Formatting exam papers to a standard template.
• Producing and distributing examination case studies each term in preparation for examinations.
• Chasing and co-ordinating the entry, checking and release of examination marks.
• Organising the scheduling and administration of class tests,
• Providing administrative support for allocation of chief invigilators in university examination periods
• Providing administrative support to prepare the alternative assessment arrangements required by students with additional needs, overseas/excahnge students and on-line modules.
• Collecting assessment data from the module specifications, entering it into the student record system and disseminating to staff and students as appropriate. Ensuring data is maintained accurately and student assessment records are generated throughout the academic year.
• Collecting coursework briefs from academic staff. Reviewing the potential schedule of incoming coursework and making recommendations to the Exams and Assessment Lead regarding changes to submission dates as required, in light of the workload for students and the Programme Team.
• Co-ordinating the administration of coursework procedures, chasing and co-ordinating the entry, checking and release of coursework marks and feedback within specified time limits.
• Ensuring coursework submission links are all set up accurately on Blackboard, set up marking groups for multiple markers.
• Providing administrative support for the Exceptional Circumstances process, including recording of claims and informing students of decisions.
• Providing administrative support for disciplinary procedures. Identifying sources, marking up work, setting up meetings, taking minutes and communicating decisions to students.
• To interact with students to identify issues which are preventing them from succeeding in their studies and referring them on to Academic Personal Tutors or other specialist services within the University.
• To advise students on issues when they have been referred to the Programme Support team by either their Academic Personal Tutor or other external source.
• Responsible for front-line support to students including face-to-face at the Student Reception Point, correspondence by email and telephone enquiries.
• Responding to examination and assessment queries from academic staff.
• Resolving anomalies in data exception reports including student records data and module records.
• To maintain archives of past assessment results, papers, scripts and coursework.
• To assist with any new developments in terms of assessment and regulatory matters in order to improve administrative systems and the provision of information to students.
• Contribution to other activities in the Programme Office e.g. Welcome/Induction weeks, Examinations, Examination Boards, Quality initiatives and Graduation as directed by the Student Support Lead or Senior Programme Lead.
• Servicing of Examination Boards.
• Compilation of student feedback sheets, uploading graphs that reflect the distribution of marks by module onto BB. Providing copies of coursework/exam scripts in electronic form to facilitate lecturer feedback to students.
• To produce assessment information/materials for quality purposes.
• To track the submission of Projects and Dissertations, processions and maintaining extension information on the appropriate databases. Maintenance of BB Library of past projects and dissertations.
• To manage generic information relating to assessments on all relevant Blackboard modules.
if this role is of interest please apply
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£10.04 per hour
£16831 - £19865 per annum
Student Support Coordinator
£10.86 per hour
PGT Programme Administrator
£12.14 per hour
Domestic Abuse Adult Worker (Band 4 Probation Officer) - advertised on behalf of BeNCH CRC
Band 4 starting salary £30,356 per annum