Events Sales Manager
|Job Title:||Events Sales Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive + Bonus + Benefits|
|Start Date:||2019-06-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2019 11:43|
Due to internal promotion, we are excited to be recruiting a Sales Manager to lead meeting & event sales for Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club.
The successful candidate will be tasked with sourcing new business as well as nurturing existing client relationships and managing an established sales operation to deliver the best possible service to our clients.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Highly competitive salary + bonus scheme + benefitsMain responsibilities
- Utilising all elements of the sales engine to ensure you are delivering a high performing sales culture. This includes understanding and living our sales values and competencies, compiling a strategic plan in order to exceed targets, leading by example, following company standards of performance.
- To pro-actively sell and promote all venue conference and banqueting facilities by maximising business from new and existing customers.
- Always aiming to exceed targets by providing customers with an exemplary and motivating sales experience.
- To proactively target sales driving new business pipeline to support budgeted revenues.
- Achieve venue revenue targets by creating and executing the sales strategy for the site and deliver this in a timely manner.
- Work with the wider Sodexo PV&E team and Regional Sales Manager to maximize opportunities across the business.
- Proactive management of key accounts and local sales activity to win market share and increase penetration of large customers
- Support on site sales team with continuous growth and development plans and high levels of engagement, morale and motivation.
- Proven track record in proactive sales, preferably in hotel, venue or hospitality site.
- Keen commercial acumen to grow and maximise sales in a highly target driven environment
- Self-starter who can use initiative to drive sales ideas
- Ability to align and influence different stakeholders and work alongside other functions to achieve collective business objectives
- Experience in implementing best practice and innovation in a sales team environment
- Experience in budget management and measuring sales performance
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Catering industry knowledge and interest would be beneficial
- A strong knowledge of the local market
- A good researcher and client focussed approach
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication verbal & written skills
- Confident presentation ability
- Excellent business relationship building skills and understanding of customer needs
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver measurable sales targets
- Excellent time management and organisational skills in order to prioritise various job demands
- Proven success in developing and executing pro-active sales and marketing initiatives with desired results
- Proven negotiation skills
Our mission is improve the quality of life of Sodexo employees and all those we serve, and contribute to the economic, social and environmental development of the communities, regions and countries in which we operate. We work to improve the well-being of people across the globe through our unique range of expert services and the talent of our teams. As one of the world’s largest employers and a company of “people at the service of other people,” we are committed to being an employer of choice – providing jobs for our people, as well as training and opportunities for internal promotion to help our employees move up the career ladder.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's