Blue Arrow Derby are currently looking to recruit temporary EVENING / NIGHT RECEPTIONISTS (WEEKENDS) for 6 weeks starting from Monday 16th March.
This is supporting one of our fantastic client's based near Derby City Centre on extended hours for their services.
Please note this is a temporary position and you must be able to commit to your allocated shifts for the full 6 weeks.
Dates of Work
Week 1 - commencing 16th March
Week 2 - commencing 23rd March
Week 3 - commencing 30th March
Week commencing 6th April - CLOSED FOR EASTER
Week 4 - commencing 13th April
Week 5 - commencing 20th April
Week 6 - commencing 27th April
You are also required to attend one day's training (9-5) between Monday 9th - Friday 13th March in order to support and carry out this assignment.
Pay Rate: £11.00 p/h
Hours: Various shift patterns available as below including - offered on a first come first serve basis
- Friday eve/Sat morning - (12:45pm - 5:00am) - 5.25 hours
- Sat morning - (4:45am - 10:00am) - 5.25 hours
- Saturday's - (4:45pm - 11:00pm) - 6.25 hours
- Saturday eve/Sunday morning's - (10:45pm - 4:30am) - 5.75 hours
- Sun morning's - (4:15am - 10:00am) - 5.75 hours
- Mon morning's - (2:45am - 8:00am) 5.25 hours
Please note there could be additional shift requirements during these 6 weeks from time to time also.
Located just outside of Derby City Centre, this location would suit anyone with their own transport in Derby or the surrounding areas. Free on-site parking is also available for the duration of this assignment. This site is also easily commutable to via bus services, and there is a bus service available from the bus and train station.
About the Role
Duties will include:
* Maintain and promote as a safe, secure and welcoming environment to all customers
* Using systems to check accounts and show customers how to use self-service including catalogue.
* Answer the phone at the reception desk and respond to enquiries
* Answer basic related questions
* To pass customer queries to the relevant place
* Check email and communications book for important information
* To respond to the security gate alarm
* To liaise with experience officer and welcome team members as required
* To liaise with main site security on any issues arising (first aid, emergency, fire or behavioural) this will include emailing a report of the incident to the library co-coordinator / team leader after the incident has been dealt with
* To close the department in the event of emergency
* Record and keep accurate statistics of entry and exit in addition to computer records
* Submit accurate electronic time sheet weekly to experience officer.
* Complete online data protection training~
* Previous customer service / reception experience is essential
* Proven experience with all Microsoft Office applications
* Previous experience working in a busy office environment
* High level of accuracy
* Strong ability to produce accurate written communication that is well structured
* Excellent organisational and time management skills with evidence of working to tight deadlines
* Ability to use initiative and be pro-active when dealing with a range of issues and problems
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong use of initiative
Why should you apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work and support within a great organisation, where other working opportunities may also be available. This would suit individual's looking for either temporary or immediate work to either suit short term commitments.
The Next Stage
If you are interested in the above role, and feel you can meet the above requirements - we would love to hear from you as soon as possible We please ask all applications are made via the click apply button, and we will aim to process your application as quickly and as efficiently as possible.