|Salary||£21000 - £24500 per annum||Sector||Driving & Logistics|
We are currently recruiting for a Transport planner to join a busy Worcestershire Operation The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a full understanding of the transport forwarding industry, be able to communicate effectively, be highly organised and remain focused under pressure. Successful applicant must take control of the management, planning and tracking of movement of goods from A to B using methods of freight such as Hand carry, Airfreight and Road travel to achieve the result for the customer.
Duties & Responsibilities to include:
• Communication with customers and internal staff and managers
• Accuracy of the information captured
• Understanding of the role
• Timely input onto the system of jobs
• Escalation of any queries or issues
• Closing out of Jobs
• System housekeeping
• Profit maximisation
• Liaising with International companies
• Written and oral European Language skills
• Will include requirements to travel to Customer and Supplier sites
• To observe the Company Health & Safety Policy
• To understand and achieved a high level of H&S standards
• To ensure others (colleagues and contractors) also follow and understand the Company H&S Policy
Hours are 40 per week Monday to Friday, shifts as required. Weekends may be required at times plus any reasonable requirements associated with the position.
If this position interests you and you are looking for the next step in your career, please send your CV to Laura.Stephen@pertemps.co.uk or for further information please call 01905 24420.
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today!