|Contact Name:||Rhiannon T-Ambrose|
|Job Published:||January 04, 2019 14:31|
£ Negotiable/ Dependant on Experience
An Estimator with Civils and Water experience required
An Experienced Pipeline and Civil engineering company that is showing continued growth is now seeking an experienced Estimator to work on a range of projects across the South-West
This is an exciting opportunity for an Estimator to join a well-respected company who operate as both sub-contractors and principle contractors
Candidates will need to have a strong background working in the Water Industry
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of estimates for future works.
- Requesting quotations from suppliers for material prices, fabrication or minor sub-contract works.
- Negotiating with suppliers to achieve value for money.
- Assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor (SQS) with the preparation of Compensation Events/Variations.
- Assisting the SQS in the preparation of applications and submissions.
- Maintaining accurate records of completed works client requests and communications.
- Assistance in preparing reports on completed works.
Qualifications/ Experience required:
- Experience in an estimating or buying role within the construction industry. Experience of Civils/Pipeline estimating would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of the construction industry.
- Be proactive in your approach to work.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
-Recognised academic qualification in a related field. (BSc/HND/HNC)
The successful candidate will be required to do the occasional site visits
The client is keen to interview relevant candidates as soon as possible. If this seems like the role for you then please submit your CV for more information. Alternatively, if you can refer anyone who may be interested we offer a bonus referral scheme please call 01392 314052
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's